The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

she soakes up everything! little on the heavy side I really need to work hard to get it off the ground when i hit jumps at low speed. I'm a little chicken when it gets to the big stuff.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes Peter, that place is from behind your keyboard. --> CRC.

There are bits and bobs of TLD stuff floating around in various cycle stores, but no dedicated SA representation AFAIK. So variety and choice are automatically not an option.

yeah, bummer. no friends or family going over to the UK that u can bum some luggage space from?

watchu getting btw?

Sadly not :( Getting the TLD Speedshop kit ( top and pants ) aswell TLD ace gloves and TLD sprint shorts. It's about time that I get some proper riding kit :)

sweet bit of kit u putting together there. Just hope you saving some gulps for that customs burden.

ouch.

but at the end of the day, this is what we have to do... meh <_<

sweet bit of kit u putting together there. Just hope you saving some gulps for that customs burden.

ouch.

but at the end of the day, this is what we have to do... meh <_<

I don't want to say this too loudly... but customs has been slipping up lately when it comes to CRC orders. My last 3 orders I have only been charged 13.6% VAT. One of them had a pair of FiveTens which went un-noticed. A few other JHB guys have had similar reports.

Maybe it happens when there the majority of the order is parts and the CRC dispatcher just generalizes it all as "bicycle parts" for the customs documentation. I don't know... but I'm not complaining :lol:

glad i'm not the only one that experiencing this unusual reprieve. All my recent clothing purchases sailed COMPLETELY under the customs radar. I' not complaining cos they fudged me over to the tune of of 4 figures on something else clothing related not from CRC. so while not a proper justification, i'm not arguing..

I dont have blind american loyalties, so I'd have to say, given the rest of the field, Duncan, among others, wasnt really performing. Money is tight for everyone, so it's best foot forward as far as possible.

I'm just surprised the syndicate stuck with Peaty. I say he should walk away while his legend is still fresh in everyone's mind, and allow Miami Bryce the room he deserves to make his mark.

• 1 year later...
Guest Latent Blue
Sup people lets see what you hitting the hills with?

I ride a scott Nitrous 2020090811_110444_Scott.JPGsorry about pic hate the limit thingDownhillingKing2009-09-13 12:03:05

Nice machine

Guest Latent Blue
Howzat?

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/418/cache/whistler-blackcomb-mtb-park_41840_600x450.jpg

Ek bequc myself!!!!!!!

• 3 months later...

rather than starting a new thread i thought i'd just dig this one up

Does anyone know where I can get a 300lbs or 275lbs titanium spring for a Cane Creek Double Barrel from??

rather than starting a new thread i thought i'd just dig this one up

Does anyone know where I can get a 300lbs or 275lbs titanium spring for a Cane Creek Double Barrel from??

This is where super_mil and I got our titanium springs from. I'm guessing by the low weights, you're rigging a 267mm eye-to-eye shock with a 3.5" stroke. Super_mil just happens to have a 275lb in that size... but you'll have to pry it out of his cold lifeless hands, haha!

But yeah, try Ti Springs. They took a while, but we ended up paying approx R1400ea (which is a bargain for titanium springs)... I see it's GBP110 now (off the shelf) or GBP100 if you pre-order (which is what we did). Still better price than most places.

...and I see now they do colours too... oooh! haha!

Edited by patches

This is where super_mil and I got our titanium springs from. I'm guessing by the low weights, you're rigging a 267mm eye-to-eye shock with a 3.5" stroke. Super_mil just happens to have a 275lb in that size... but you'll have to pry it out of his cold lifeless hands, haha!

But yeah, try Ti Springs. They took a while, but we ended up paying approx R1400ea (which is a bargain for titanium springs)... I see it's GBP110 now (off the shelf) or GBP100 if you pre-order (which is what we did). Still better price than most places.

...and I see now they do colours too... oooh! haha!

Bru i have no idea of the eye to eye or stroke or what - havent looked at it yet - but Duxbury had a look yesterday and suggested a 275lbs spring