The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

There is a lot I should not know, or be saying!?

If you are wondering why I have been a bit quiet about this build, it's because we are trying to secure the future of this trail. It has purposely been kept low key while it is up for review.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PoS I would still like to meet up some time, sorry I haven't contacted you yet, things have been a bot crazy my side. I am back from Rustenburg on Wednesday, maybe we can meet on Thursday or Friday, but I have a meeting on Friday, 12 till 1pm.

Hey guys,

So I have a small amount of a MX background and took up mountian biking about 2 years ago...

Im itching to buy another bike, but my XC has treated me well and Im not planning to replace it anytime soon.

So I was thinking I could really enjoy downhill MTBing...(been toying with the idea for awhile)

Here in Johannebsurg I think there isnt much of it(Correct me if Im wrong) but Im keen to leave a downhill bike in Cape town and when I go, ride it(basically when the wife goes for tea with the girls I can go down Table mountain :drool: )...

It sounds like you have epic courses to ride and I want to see what you guys are raving about.

So my question is, what should I buy as an entry level bike. Looking at second hand.. Also best way of approaching the discipline( balls to the wall) small jumps first slowly increasing or is there a group I can join on weekends which can give tips and stuff?

Regards Future Downhiller (I hope) :clap:

I'm new in Durban, just want to know if there are any group or riders who still go to Giba Gorge DH trails? Just got an annual membership for the bike park. If not, where do you guys ride DH?

Edited by pinoy

We tend to ride in PMB quite a bit (About 3 times per month), Cascades and a couple of tracks close to there built by Dave Dinkleman and co. Those tracks are fast with plenty of Jumps and gaps etc.

We ride Giba on odd occasions, maybe once a month or 2.

We will probably hitting Cascades this Sunday morning and probably again next weekend, send me a PM and maybe we can meet up there.

http://lp1.pinkbike.org/p6pb7370951/p5pb7370951.jpg

Nope, I just checked... my balls are too small for that.