The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

which part of NWD 10 PWNS? Kranked 8 was pretty good.

btw: i had a chance to watch NWD 7. omw. only 3 years or so old, and i know my music tastes have changed somewhat, but boy, it sounds dated smiley2.gif

Daniel: have u seen the MADE trailer yet?

Ya, MADE looks alright... Those tracks look amaaazing though... Jeeez

I find NWD10.. It all owns. The piecing of it together, the music, editing, tracks, riders.. Is just.. Yohhh...

DHK' date=' or anyone else that was there, how was the onewheelerWorldChamps at Tokai this past Sunday?

I was camped out at Camps Bay Sunday afternoon. It was bloody awesome, water was actually warm.

[/quote']

The Downhill Mountain Uni Champs went very well smiley1.gif We did 5 trails, Mamba, Boomslang, Downhill 1, Downhill 2, Downhill 3.

Winner on the day was Johnny Cronje (WOFT on TheHub), followed very closely by Ethan Roberts who was only 4 seconds slower over the 5 trails. Third was Alan Read from OddWheel Unicycles. I managed a 4th place at just over 3 minutes slower than Johnny Cronje. Had my worst runs down Downhill 2 and Downhill 3 for many months. To many stupid bails including a rolling bail into the rocks on the rock garden at the top of Downhill 2, and a face plant into the dip at the burm at the start of Downhill 1. I must say well done to Donna as the only woman to compete on the day giving it her best, she really did well. Our youngest competitor was Jonathan Benjamin at 13 years old who did extremely well on his 20" Uni who ended up only 20 seconds slower than me, which in itself is simply amazing as it was only his 4th Mountain Uni ride and it was on a smaller wheel than the rest of us. He certainly showed me a thing or two about just going for it.

Was an awesome day in the end. Looking forward to the Champs in 2010 smiley20.gif where we will hopefully have more competitors.

congrats then JR! Hope y'all had a good turnout. nothing like some shouts from the crowd to keep the adrenal glands pumping smiley1.gif

Does anyone have any details on the Downhill Event that Chris was arranging for the 13 December ? Apparently was either going to be Eden or Jonkershoek.

Looking forward to doing it after the Paarl event last month. Was awesome to do that trial which was a lot harder than I anticipated.

Does anyone have any details on the Downhill Event that Chris was arranging for the 13 December ? Apparently was either going to be Eden or Jonkershoek.

Looking forward to doing it after the Paarl event last month. Was awesome to do that trial which was a lot harder than I anticipated.

Chris? Keep us informed JR. I missed the Paarl event. Damn shift work smiley6.gif, ?but pretty sure i can make this one. Pity we couldnt arrange some event for 16 December, the public holiday. A mid week run would be pretty awesome.

Duane: where the trail building gonna be? Will be stoked to assist.

I think the 13 December event has been cancelled. It was supposed to be at Eden but loads of trees have fallen from the wind and destroyed the tracks.

There is a race on the 10th of Jan at Paarl again. Saturday practice and  Sunday race.

We are gonna meet at the car park at Tokai at 9 on Sunday morning and go up from there. I think the plan is to take up 2 vehicles with tools and bikes. Expect to be glared at from the cross country folk as they seem to believe that the tracks just materialize on their own. If there are more people we will probably take up more vehicles.

There's also going to be a meeting of sorts to discuss the dismal state of racing in the WC. we have the best tracks and most riders and yet we managed to have no provincial series last year. The Natal guys already have their dates and venues sorted for next year.

your_name_here2009-12-02 23:28:48

oh yes, count me in Duane. That discussion should be a good one as I've been wondering that myself, but I was under the impression the cape had the least amount of DHers. Any idea of the real numbers of DHers on a provincial and national level?

If I'm not mistaken, the KZn series is sponsored by Greg Minnaar, probably with funding from some external sponsor. GM himself is the draw card. who do we have down here in the cape??

I'll probably be there. What kind of tools do you need? I've never built trails, but I guess a spade will be usefulsmiley9.gif

Would love to help out on Sunday, but have other plans already. Please let me know when and where more plans are to build/repair trails in Tokai. Seeing as I use them would like to contribute to maintaining them at least.

Pity about the event on the 13th being canceled, was looking forward to it. Will definitely be at the Paarl event next month. Great trail and seeing as I have an idea of what to expect I can try more on it.

Jan 10 is also first leg of the SA nationals in George. Still waiting to here though, if the event has been moved or delayed. There are rumors to that effect.