The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

good news there spesh321. I want to ride that track next. ANy idea when the nationals are taking place?

Jason: we going? smiley1.gif

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ya i think its june?? sorry not 100% sure.. all i know is it is the last nationals... we also hold race days every now and again where lots of cape town riders come down and we have time trials.. its always a blast if you could make it smiley20.gif

Anyone have an extra stem they want to sell, bought handelbars that are kinda big so need a new stem now. Th clamping diameter is 31.8mm. Please anything very cheap will do that can take DH hammering

i reckon that would be on the upper limit, but yes. Hopefully you dont buy it before i take it smiley17.gif

Louis: i have an Holzfeller DH (snow white) stem if you are interested. First check if Jrussel aint taking it, but it's lying here doing nought smiley6.gif

Jruseel wants your stem capricorn, but if he gets your stem he will have his scott stem which louis could take.

Capricorn omg your bike is sooooo plush. I want a frame as plush as yours!

hehehe. thanks man. the joy's of a long travel bike. But what you reckon I should change on it? ?I haven't ridden other bikes (other than the Giant), so it's kinda difficult for me to see my bike from an observer's perspective. gimme your thoughts. smiley1.gif

btw: had a crash on top today. I took a completely wrong line too fast and barhumped my bike onto a rock. I think I hit a root sitting very proud of the ground. Capped off a really sh*tty day.

Haha I'am still sore from when I fell my shoulder really sore and I still feel winded for some reason.

As for your bike. . . You done just about everything maybe a set of deemax wheels and those monkey light carbon bars.

yeah. been thinking about the deemax wheels. like the new silver + black color combo. Just a bit iffy concerning the denting of the rims. I like running lower pressure these days, and since then, i've been having a lot of snake bites. That's cos the ex729 rims is a quite tough, so the tube goes instead. With them deemax and other similarly soft rims (this according to Brad as well), the rims dent quickly which helps prevent snakebites, but you end up replacing rims far quicker than with a tougher rim. cost of a tube vs a rim? no competition really... choices choices... cant ignore the bling factor though smiley17.gif

i hope you didnt hairline fracture anything. keep an eye on that impact spot.

Capricorn2009-11-22 12:08:51

Why you running such a low pressure in your tyres? I think you should get the deemax rims and just run a higher pressure with a super tacky tyre

howsit guys (:

never posted in here so heres what im hitting the trails with.... a demo 7 :) just took delivery on the new diety dirth thirty bars and wideness is definately the way to go. I also picked up some new mavic rims.. Im one of 4 riders from george and those of you who were here last year for nationals might be interested to know that the track is going to be completely different from last year... mostly its going to be faster and smoother lol the drop that lead into the bottom dual course is gone and there is now a 25 foot monster of a berm taking that corner making it insanely fast (: jumps are getting biger aswell !

O ya my totem is for sale for 800 if anyone is interest

sorry cant post a picture for some reason... so thats a link to my bike

Hey Spesh!

That news about the track sounds awesome! I've never raced there, but I'll be there for the national next year. I heard that it was slow and pedaly. Excited that it's now faster!

I'm going to probably be there for a few days before the race. Do you know of cheap accommodation?

haha i know of very cheap accomodation.... my house hahah its goona cost you 600 bucks off that world cup though :P

Spesh will swop u my wc with the 2010 direct mount stem plus soft coil and a harder one as my wc was andrew neethlings fork so has the conversion. So would you consider swaping it for the demo frame?

na sorry bud i would love that fork.. but that would leave me frameless... include a couple grand then maybe :P but really its not that yours is a bad offer... i just cant afford to do it..