The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice goodies there Darnilj: all we now need is to see you and a bike on the trails smiley1.gif

DHK: Jonty Needles hey? oi, that will be a tough one to cook. but let's see how it goes first smiley2.gif?But jokes aside, as i said in PM, i reckon any of you: you, mitch21, jrussel or panik can go as fast, if not faster.

Capricorn2010-01-24 13:05:24

Cap I found out who that oak that was blitzing it was and I don't think you'd be as quick as he is in just a month as he is like 3rd best in the country now and goes by the name of Jonty neethling

btw: if you watch the MADE trailer, you can see Needles Snr bombing down a very gnarly rock garden. jeez. He is just skipping thru the gnar.. one of the guys I was riding with today said he tried that same rock garden, and he thought he was going fast till needles swept past in a blur..?

sick..

Jon's got alot of experience and skill no doubt. But practice makes perfect. All i'm saying is it's not impossible for you to do the same. Instead of just standing in awe of it, try to beat it. Champions dont succeed cos they want to be as good as xyz.. it's cos all they want to do is kick ass. So get kicking!

btw Murray. you have got to go to Paarl. Fast and flowy. Awesome track.

mitch, murray, panik and jason, YGPM!

Capricorn2010-01-24 13:38:05

oi..considering that various geometry of bikes can reach the same speeds on the same terrain, i'm tending to think it's not the bike. Take me for instance, PEBHAS: problem exists between handlebars and saddle smiley17.gif

Will see I think we have the wrong kinda bikes for it though. Jason you coming to tokai tomorrow aswel

for Paarl??

You must be mad, the Nitrous dominated!! smoothed out EVERYTHING, didnt bottom out once, didnt even notice the rock garden. didnt washout, although i was on the limit a couple of times, it was amazing at Paarl

Murray: the guy i was riding with, he had a Giant AC (tricked out with Marzo 888 and non-stock Manitou swinger shock) but he bombed that track. Jumping and swinging out some sick tailwhips. No problem.

I think you need to ride it before you slam your bike.. tsk tsk.