The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

Haha o from the old pic I had up there ja that was funny. I should take a pic of it and get them to rate the rugsmiley17.gif Um I'm never off the saddle! was riding specialized enduro's and hardtails and a couple other bikes that I been borrowing. Just to get use to the dh bike again sho! Wow this pedal bob system in the boxxer is amazing you don't wollow in your travel on the sprints at all!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys. heard from the good folk at Action cycling there will be a ride before you buy event at tokai. No DH awesomeness, just the tame stuff. Should be good though. 09h00- 1600,but not sure if he said Sat or Sun.

Hopefully someone else can confirm smiley2.gif

Yup. it's on the 24th. I would go if they were gonna let me try out a Makulu.

holy cow.. The Duane is alive. what's happening guvnor. havent seen ya around these here parts in ages. Dont suppose you raced last weekend at Paarl?

checked on Giant's site: tab says fullspecs, but it dont give full specs. Bit hard finding it on google. then again only did a quick search. Hopefully someone else on teh forumz can assist. I think Donovan has a Reign, or was it the Reign X. That looked like a 1.5" steerer, but can't be sure.

Howzit guys, I am officially finished with holiday work. So can hub again, whats been happening on the thread

I'm coming over for the Sani2C and was thinking of doing a skills course for a day or two while I'm in SA. Any recommendations? Need to be able to rent a trail or downhill bike at the same time as I don't want to snap my race bike.

Howzit guys' date=' I am officially finished with holiday work. So can hub again, whats been happening on the thread[/quote']

welcome back old guy smiley2.gif what were u doing that kept you so busy? Nothing much happenign except hte usual. Something unusual was the impromptu race Panik, Mitch21 and jrussel entered. Venue was Paarl and it was absolutely smoking hot on the day. I couldn't make as I had taken ill. All 3 of them reported the event absolutely awesome. So hopefully our next group ride will be there.?

Doing construction and bvuilding work for my dad. Just got to Pretoria this afternoon, needed soap so took my DH rig and raced down to the shop to buy soap, any excuse nowadays to rid my new parts. Awesome how did they do, when does the DH season start down there?

ROFL smiley4.gif

Check this guy railing this berm.. LOL

http://nsrmtb.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/kelvin-purchase.jpg

dude: i must be honest, i dont think we have a proper DH series that, the start of which would define the start of a season. It's properly sad.

Whenz it starting your side?