The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahsmiley1.gif Cap! good news, ive been fiddleing around all day today and I think i have perfected my bikes settings now. it is amazingly plush now, without throwing you off the bike after a big drop, yet the high speed compression still soaks up everythingsmiley4.gif its soooo sweeeeet, I love it so much!

Im pretty sure, yep. but im going to tokai tomorrow for her first ride there, just wanna make sure everythings fine on the big stuff, if thats alright?smiley1.gif

i dont doubt there is anything wrong with her, but what if you break her on the big stuff? Do I shoulder the blame? Very hard to prove when going big.

btw: which big drop you do that didnt get u bucked with the new settings? Rear shock = ??

Then thatl be my fault, but im sure it will be 100%smiley1.gif feels so solid!

I did a 1.7 meter drop onto a flat piece of grass at my house...lol, and when i had rebound completely open, it felt like i was thrown around a bit, but now ive closed it just a bit and its perfect.

Just one thing, I downloaded a manual for it online, and there are NO lables or explinations for the rebound, compressions and preload with air and coil ect, its all safety warnings and how to not damage the fork with high pressure hoses when cleaning. although I think i got it fiqured:

Bottom red knob is low speed compression, "-" sign is faster "+" is slower

Top red knob is high speed compression, cant tell yet, cant detect a difference (not going fast or big enough yet)

Top black knob is rebound, "-" faster "+" slower.

but now there are two places for air? are they both for preload? I read up somewhere that one is preload, one is bottomout resistance?

Am i correct in what i said above?

i have the proper manual for it. The 2010 manuals are horse manure. Zero info for tweaking. and i mean. ZERO.

Rebound damping is on the right : clockwise increase rebound damping (or reduces the amount of rebound)

Compression (LO) damping : right bottom

Compression (HI) Damping: top left. Clockwise increases damping

I think the available amount (range) of preload is changed by changing the air pressure using the pump. The top left adjuster simply allows you to move thru that available range. There is also an X-cartridge that controls fork response when you right at the point of bottoming out. Hence the fork's designation, RC2x

but yeah, i think you've figured it out smiley1.gif

Capricorn2009-12-23 10:54:56