The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

work closes at 12h00. so after lunch it is. I might just spend time at the UCT DJ track. I need to practice more jumps. I hope one of them DJ'ers are there to help spot me mistakes.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

work closes at 12h00. so after lunch it is. I might just spend time at the UCT DJ track. I need to practice more jumps. I hope one of them DJ'ers are there to help spot me mistakes.

oh ya, well that sounds cool! ive never been there, whats it like?

Murray: put your giants wheels on your Nitrous, and i think they 135, i will double check in the morning for you and then sms you

oh ya' date=' well that sounds cool! ive never been there, whats it like?

[/quote']

I don't know where you guys live generally, but I found a set huge DJ jumps, (but there are a few smallies just before) by the shell near Newlands ave. There's a park with colourful fences and stuff...

Darnijl I don't know of any small ones there they all seem big but you can't ride that place when it rains it get washed out completely. Jason my Giant has a through axle at the back.

How much rise do you guys have on your bars?

What's the whole deal with rise? How does it affect your riding?

Is 75mm rise too much?

the dirt jumps at UCT are incomplete as a circuit, but they fun to mess around on. I am essentially looking for a track for while Tokai is nice with it's little log jumps etc, it's a case of pedal, jump, rewind back to the top. Bit of a pain.

Daniel: will go look for that DJ track u mentioned, SOunds good.

Howzit guys, I have recently got my new SPecialized Bighit, and I have taken it to tokai a few times and it performs amazingly! I will try get some photos soon.

Ya hey.. Its pretty much stock, its the 2008 one. It has the Marzocchi Z1 sport forks with 160mm of travel. They are pretty good, but I would like to upgrade them possibly in the future. It has pretty much all the stock parts, the fox van r rear shock, specialized chunder tyres (They are really nice!) and some Crank Brothers 50/50 pedals, and hayes stroker brakes.

sweet ride there Mitch. Should hook up again at Tokai, get DHK and Jrussel and Co to join us. Where u ride these days. I'm at tokai just about ?every weekend, but havent see ya there yet. What's your secret sauce? :)

I sold that Marzo 66 of mine that I used at Urban Assault. Waiting for Jrussel to tell me how he finds it after his ride at Tokai today.

Capricorn2009-12-24 06:48:34

Ah sweet man. Ya ive been riding at tokai mostly, I was there last Sunday and yesterday. I hope to maybe go this weekend sometime. So what is replacing your marzo 66's?

Got the 2010 Marzo 888 as a replacement. I try to go sat and sun, so hopefully get to see you there. Wasn't there last sunday. didnt fancy pushing up in the heat. Think i have end-of-year fatigue.. smiley2.gif