The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm, good suggestion there Mitch. I do need to keep practicing jumps and would like to ride a pump track, but it's not even close to ideal with a long travel DH rig. Thanks, will definitely keep it in mind. smiley1.gif

i've been monitoring it, and given my not inconsiderable mass, it should have gotten worse with many of the 1.8m huck2flats i've made this frame do. Zero progression. So it's like other guys at the LBS have said: it's a paint crack, nothing more. Another Xtension had the exact same crack at the exact same place. Once they had removed the paint, there was nothing wrong with the weld.

So when this bike goes in for a recoat, I will do a proper check with some trick crack detection methods I learnt at work. But I honestly dont believe the weld has a defect.

But if the frame should fracture suddenly while I'm out riding, then i guess we'll all know it was a genuine crack smiley17.gif

Capricorn2010-01-12 11:05:26

what happens next is, you call the medics..thanks bud. smiley2.gif?and dont u dare pinch my Marzo. I will find you and ram both stanchions of your beloved Boxxer up your wastegate. I swear...

?

Capricorn2010-01-12 11:20:03

ok ladies, and Maya. Order is throughsmiley1.gif, and ive made and excel document of whats happend. can i please grab your email adresses?

Have no idea as now it sounds retarded as you have mine and you got caps and you spell asked aksed and you though boxxer's had 28mm stansions

Have no idea as now it sounds retarded as you have mine and you got caps and you spell asked aksed and you though boxxer's had 28mm stansions

lolsmiley36.gif youre just as bad as me Murraysmiley17.gif but seriously.....I cant make out what youre trying to say.....whats youre email adress.

I already have Caps