The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

according to that status' date=' your parcel is still officially in the UK. Same with patches. Hence my strong suggestion you contact CRC and PF both to find out what's going on. Maybe their computerised system is at fault, who knows. Best to ask. [/quote']

...I emailed bothe CRC and ParcelForce earlier today. No response yet, but I'm guessing that mine and DHK's orders are doing the same thing round about now!?

So frustrating! Totally paying an extra R50 for UPS next time!  smiley13.gif

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I e-mail P force 2 days ago nothing e-mailed crc last night nothing again!

Jason I just remembered I still owe you R100 pease remind me at schools tomorrow and can you please send me the tracking number for the order

hang time peeps. maybe they are looking into it before they respond. But if you feel anxious, i say let it out via more emails to them.

Jason: i think we may end up in the same boat as Murray and Patches. This can't be coincidental.

oi.. that definitely will suck Murray. I must admit, every time any of my orders go via parcelforce, i get nervous. I think of the extra charges to UPS as insurance and a guarantee i get my stuff in good time, each time. THey havent failed me yet, except when I get too impatient smiley17.gif

I was chatting to another hubber who placed his order around the same time as mine, and here's a screen shot of his ParcelForce Shipping.

This is when I figured out something is definately up! smiley5.gif

20100114_104641_PF.JPG

yep, the next step from Left Origin Country is arriving at outward airport. Doesnt mean it's in the air yet, as I once had a parcel stuck at Heathrow due to I dont know what.

I say whinge and whine A LOT.

Murray: that PC991 chain: is that the cross step 991 or just the vanilla variety? Very interested in getting a cross step chain. I hear it's pretty damn strong for it's weight. But must say, the current chain I have is rocking along awesomely.

Sho well atleast your says it reached JO'Burg

Unfortunately not DHK... that's not mine... THIS is:

I'm in the same boat as you I think?!

20100114_105537_my_PF.JPG

Hi Murray,

Thanks for your email.

Your order was indeed dispatched on the 04/01/10. We kindly ask our international customers to wait 18 working days for delivery. This is due to the bad weather conditions that has held mail up in the UK. In the meantime, we suggest that you check your local customs office as it may be held up there. If you do not receive your order after 18 working days, please contact us again and we shall investigate further.

Kind Regards,

Robert

ok, that sounds reasonable as me mates over in the UK are reporting really nasty weather. However, I dont recall there being a halt on flights to and from the UK. hmm..

Darn! that sucks! Seems we just missed the early flight before the bad weather set in smiley13.gif.

I'll wait to hear what they have to say to me when they reply to my emails.

I'm only hitting working day #10 on my Parcel Force order now. Working day #18 on my Royal Mail one... but then agin... it's Royal mail, so maybe they're allowed an extra week, cos I was a cheapskate?! haha.
patches2010-01-15 00:25:53

Hi Murray' date='

Thanks for your email.

Your order was indeed dispatched on the 04/01/10. We kindly ask our international customers to wait 18 working days for delivery. This is due to the bad weather conditions that has held mail up in the UK. In the meantime, we suggest that you check your local customs office as it may be held up there. If you do not receive your order after 18 working days, please contact us again and we shall investigate further.

Kind Regards,

Robert[/quote']

Haha! Mr. Robert obviosuly hasn't tried to phone the SA Interational Mail centre before. It rings for ages, and when you do get through, you're more likely to get cut off than speak to someone who can help.

BUT, when I did get through, they did see my parcel on the system... Just that it wasn't in SA yet. They could only see the "dispatched date". So I doubt our parcels are sitting at International Mail in JHB.