The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jrussel: looks like our CRC purchases are stuck in traffic. ?Fever finally broke, got the sh*ts though. Hopefully that damn bug is getting flushed with teh rest of it. soz for the graphics, but i'm genuinely gatvol of this bug making me miss what sounds like a simply mindblowing experience at Paarl. yes yes, ican always go whenever, but nothing like the buzz of a race run. Very meh..

ahhhh no worries, well glad to hear you a bit better. Murray and I are rideing wednewday and thursday at 4:30 if you keen to join us?

And for Paarl......we can make our own buzz! we must get the guys together and organize lifts and shuttling for us (You, Angus, Mitch, Murray, Bret or brent? (Mitches friend), Daniel, Me and uhhhhh who have i forgotten?) but it would be so cool if we could all rock up together like 10 of us and we ride together, also we must do another tokai soon! Paarl is just really too hot to be tottaly enjoyable at the mo. Mitch and Angus will know what i mean.

haha. touch wood! cos i was just thinking along those exact lines: as you suggested: lets have our own little group sessions, little mini comp between ourselves, and as you suggested as well, it's better if we have a few guys doing it consistently. Tokai is always there (and yes, stoked for another group ride!), but we can travel around a bit. Maybe challenge a bunch from GP / KZN for a bit of North vs South action smiley2.gif

I'm definitely game! smiley1.gif

yeah id love to do that! i wanna go to that pietermaritzberg track......looks hectic! Also Cap, we gotta get you jumping! at the paarl track, every jump/drop/tecnical section had a chicken run, but they slow you down sooo much, you gotta just go for it! ask Mitch about me on my first road gap attempt, first time i decided to take the chicken run REALLY quickly, and i flew off the track about 10m and drifted down the hill lol, second attempt i actually took the jump, but WAY over shot the jump and i ploughed into this bush/cameraman......but after that i had it. and all the other jumps arnt too big, the table top is kinda tricky, i just pulled up and into a cased position, then just before landing i pulled my brakes and leveld out, i think Eric got an awesome shot of me doing that, also a guy videoed it. and i gotta practise my berms! i flew off the last one on my first timed runsmiley19.gif 

btw, wednesday and thursday 4:30?

?i will definitely try to be there smiley1.gif?

As for jumps, i rabbled together some broken pallets so making my own jumps. There is only one established jump at SH (not the one used for Urban Assault), But there is no elevated spot to start from. You have to pedal like a beast just to get sufficient speed to barely make the jump smiley6.gif not very confidence inspiring. but i give it a bash.

Um not mine if I take it for more days after Monday it going to cost me R200 per day! Cap do you do that jump on the side of the jeep track of tokai on the way up? Um and I enjoy cycling up keeps you fit!

AH bugger, I cant get a lift to riding with my dad next weekend smiley19.gif.... But hopefully I can get a lift with Brett.

Im up for tokai or paarl, whatever you guys want.

Its cool that you guys can ride in the week, I wish I could! Do you ride after school?

Hahaha no no no.... Lol

But thats awesome,do you always go to like tokai or what? And do other people also do downhill with you? Or do they do there own thing like XC and stuff?

Mitch212010-01-17 15:06:04

Well we supose to go to a dif mountain every term, but there is nothing like tokai close enough. so we just go there all year round. There are like 10 of us that do MTB and that includes Jason and I who just go there and do the DH trails. . .