The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

20100202_063518_Paarl_DH_track_.jpg

once you reach the point above, the two starts are on your right. The one closest to the end of the wall in the photo above is the correct one.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20100202_065651_Off_N1_to_Gabbe.gif

Take R45 turn-off from N1. Directions as in drawing. Not sure what the name of that first left turn is, but if you take another left, it takes you onto Pine street. Continue and turn right into Altenburg Avenue, first left into Pieter Hugo  St, and the first right after the sports ground on your right takes you into Gabbema Doordrift drive.

thanks Cap!

think of going there this weekend if ive got the time.

do you know if the old track in the conservation is still there?

No idea Diep. Maybe one of the others will know.

When you going? I will in all likelihood be there sunday morning. if this bloody cold (#2 in 2 weeks!) actually goes away.

will probably go on saturday if i can. it's harvesting season now so weekends are kinda tight. looking forward going there though. might hit tokai next weekend.

wine farmer. got our grapes in today! but hope to be free on saturday!

only just starting to get the confidence back up on the downhill, so want to ride as often as i can.

Diepseun you will proberly know my Dad Micheal Bampfield-Duggan?

Who else has done any riding this week I might hit tokai today will be up there tomorrow aswell anyone else going to be up there today or tomorrow

Check this out

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=278412487918&ref=nf

It looks like Stefan "the guy who organized the last Paarl race" has somehow managed to convince the land owners to set up a bike park.

Amped. It's acually all there already. The shuttle road is there and the monument has a nice parking area so a few more tracks and it's done.

There is also a plan to set up a bike park in Glencairn. check out the website

http://www.theworkshopcafe.com/

From nothing to 2 bike parks in one week. Sweet.

I went up Tokai Yesterday afternoon. Did 2.17 down Boomslang and Mamba. I know that's *** slow. I'm trying to get down to 2.10 but those 2 flat trails are hard work on a DH bike. Great training tho. You really learn how to stay off the brakes and carry speed through the corners.

I might just go up again today on my HT.

omw. that's super news! What's the ETA on completion of either bike park? I dont wanna get amped again like I was with GM's previous attempt at a cape town bike park that went tits up even before the ink on the blueprint was dry... very meh...

I must add though: the thought of a shuttle is absolutely droolworthy.. shuttle's are key for the DH aspect of a bike park to succeed.

and i still wonder why we couldn't have arrange a shuttle at Tokai. Having proceeds goto the parks board is not exactly a bad thing. oh well. next time maybe smiley2.gif

HUH? GM didn't attempt the bike park. Craig Marshall and Peter Wain did. As far as I know GM kinda lent them his name for a bit of publicity for them.  They never even got so far as nailing down a venue.

your_name_here2010-02-03 06:26:26

Diepseun you will proberly know my Dad Micheal Bampfield-Duggan?

Who else has done any riding this week I might hit tokai today will be up there tomorrow aswell anyone else going to be up there today or tomorrow

he's one of the founders of wine concepts if i'm not mistaken.