The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

HUH? GM didn't attempt the bike park. Craig Marshall and Peter Wain did. As far as I know GM kinda lent them his name for a bit of publicity for them.? They never even got so far as nailing down a venue.

no matter' date=' he wasinvolved, and it's the only name i could remember from that sorry lot [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley6.gif[/img] anyways, if I can help in someway or other, let me know.

will this kill off plans to develop that new track you were talking about?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. Ja. i filled that sucker in. That's Craig's thing. Craig used to

give people riding lessons at Paarl on a Saturday morning

and he'd spend the whole morning talking about the bike park. Great

idea and everything looked so good but they just couldn't get land.

If you go and look at the mountains with decent slope you will notice

something in common with most of them. Vineyards. i guess the land

owners aren't interested in having hundreds of mountain bikers on their

land all the time.

Anyways. I'm stoked the Paarl thing is coming off. Theirs loads of scope there.

The track i was taking about is there already and ready to ride. It

needs some work still but it's deff rideable We are going there on

Saturday morning.

Wanna come?

ok, will look out for it next time I'm there.

Murray, murray, why no hurry?

Its thursday! I'm in ire, cos i have no tire.

Why the delay? or is this typical Olympic dismay?

So dont be such a femme, reply to my PM

Murray Murray, why no hurry...?

Howzit guys, i might go riding at paarl / tokai on saturday morning. Anyone else keen? Maya? Jason? Angus?

hey hey mitch. you've been gone awhile smiley1.gif

saturdays generally suck for me. I might go, but no promises. If you going about 9am, you willprobably hook up with Your_name_here (duane). shuttle heaven i hear smiley2.gif

QUESTION: What do you guys do to keep your goggles from fogging/sweating up?

I've been having serious trouble with this lately. I've asked a bunch of guys at motocross shops and all they can say is "buy a better vented pair". I know mine are cheapies (Thor Enemy)... but do I really have to spend R700+ to get ones that won't render me visionless?

I've even tried that "fog-off" stuff that scuba divers use in their masks... no helpsmiley5.gif
patches2010-02-04 23:09:33

Hmm, interesting. I was on the verge of buying them Thor Enemy goggles as well. they seem a kef pair.

as for stopping them from fogging up, the best thing is to just ride your ass of smiley2.gif But from what I've understood from reviews, them Thor Enemy's are supposed to be pretty good and quite well ventilated.

When do they fog up? while riding, or while stationary? if the latter, it's inevitable that they will fog up, especially if you already working up a sweat. Drink less maybe? smiley17.gif

maybe i go for those Giro's instead. R670 at Action Cycling. smiley6.gif almost triple the price of those Thor's.

I use them for some freeride, and they usually fog up when I climb. Must be the increased body heat and slower speeds... guess I just need to get more fit! haha!

But yeah, I wanted Von Zipper Pork Chops (they got some that would look sweet with my helmet) but at R700... like you said... almost triple the price. Plus lenses for Thor Enemy's are R70 where I go, so I'm thinking of taking the clear one (I just took off to put in a smoked lens) and drilling some vent holes in it, as seen on certain oakley models.

But yeah! When it comes to a Looks vs Price ratio... the Enemy's cant be beat! (Got mine for R275 locally)

20100205_005015_Evo.jpg

20100205_004943_PorkchopSnowWht.jpg20100205_004907_thor-enemy-gogg.jpg
patches2010-02-05 00:55:09

Haha! yeah! I know some old school scuba guys that either spit in their masks, or cut a raw potato and rub it on the lens... sounds random... but apparently it works.

If I get desparate I'll try the spud technique, haha!