The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fix? jeez what u break now besides your mech?

but yeah, i was going to announce the order a bit later once i've firmed up what I want. gonna be a big one, so I'm only going with UPS.

gloves, knee (and sometimes knee+shin), elbow, and sometimes core saver from 661. Wanted to get the 2010 661 pressure suit, but i'd rather go with the 2010 core saver again (better Leatt compatibility).

have a 661 impact shorts that i hardly wear.

Fox knee guards aren't too great same with the elbow fox DH shorts awesome pants and ja I want to get one of those like suits and a neck brace.

yep, also on the verge of getting a neck brace, either the Alpine stars version, or Leatt.

http://www.btosports.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000007/AlpinestarsBionicNeckSuppor.jpg

I see 661 might be releasing an all in one neck and roost protector style outfit which would be pretty awesome IMO. Check out 661's Droid.

More 2010 661 protection garments here

For chest protection, was looking at the Thor Sentinel. More robust in the clavicle area than the 661 Core Saver, but near the edge of your shoulder is a bit exposed, and that's where the pressure suits are a bit better. Neck brace and DH class helmet compatibility with the Thor Sentinel will have to be verified though as it's more an MX class protection device than DH.

Even though I say the Sentinel is more MX, i see 661 has a similar looking type of protection for cycling, the Rogue

Frankly, i thiknk the core saver is better than the pressure suit. At least you can take the core saver off if you want, but leave your elbow and forearm protection on. The newer model core savers are Leatt and other neck brace compatible. Lotsa folks go for the hardcore 'look' with pressure suits, but those that have moved from suits to core savers tend to rave about the latter. It's why I went CS straight away. Still contemplating pressuresuits, so not following the reviews to the T.

interesting pressure suit is the 661 EVO pressure suit.. But no kidney belt and almost zero lower body protection as the chest deflector is really small compared to that on the core saver.

Capricorn2010-02-07 01:28:43