The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

hey thanks for pitching man. it was an awesome ride. pity the others couldnt make it. gimme a bit more time, and the speed will come smiley2.gif

ouch. sh*tmano really sent in the wrecking ball to your drive train. Hope you gonna stick with SRAM smiley17.gif Jokes aside: seriously bad luck Murray: two busted mechs, busted spoke, busted shock bushing and now a busted QR. jeepers.

Convey my regards to Alex for a speedy recovery. I really was holding out for his injury to have just been a real bad sprain. Pity it seems to be more than even just a mild fracture. Operate? oi! smiley6.gif

Capricorn2010-02-14 12:20:22

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja all at the end of one goood ride!!! Ja I know it suck means I'm proberly going to be playing X-box at his house rather than going to tokai next weekend. Unless I can hitch a lift with you Cap or Jason. Let me try this saint even brad said it was amazing and he a hardcore rider!!!

why wont Alex pitch next weekend? if they wrap him up in a cast, he will have more protection than 661 could ever provide. pfft...xbawx..?

smiley17.gif

Hey cap I might sell my Crank Brothers 50/50 X pedals, so if you are interested give me a shout. Looking for about R250

I was in an MX shop recently and saw this pair of FLY knee and shin guards. They were retailiung for under R200, and was wondering if they would work seeing as though they have no upper strap?

20100215_022606_knee.jpg

Idealy I'd like these 661 guards (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24927)... but they cost a lot more and then there's the wiating time.

So... will the fly ones work? What you guys think?

hmmm... tough choice! Cos I like the idea of that upper strap on the 661's... but landed they gonna cost about nearly 3x the price. (without shipping)... choices...

Anyway... DHK... any luck finding a helmet? What size are you?

I'm toying with the idea of getting a Giant AC, and the one I'm looking at comes with a helmet and a whole bunch of gear. The helmet is a Giro Remedy (L).

patches2010-02-15 04:46:36

Dude have a look at the RacFace DH stuff it is amazing! You could hit a tree at like 40Kph and not feel a thing what so ever.

When Cap gets his new one he said he might give me his. I'm a medium.

Oooo Dodge I wouldn't go for a AC. The amount of AC frames I have seen cracked! Rather get a scottsmiley17.gif

Dude have a look at the RacFace DH stuff it is amazing! You could hit a tree at like 40Kph and not feel a thing what so ever.

When Cap gets his new one he said he might give me his. I'm a medium.

Oooo Dodge I wouldn't go for a AC. The amount of AC frames I have seen cracked! Rather get a scottsmiley17.gif

haha! remends me of a Nitro Circus I watched where they tested the EVS pads by dragging a guy behind a Subaru doing donuts! haha!

...As for the AC... hmmm... thanks for the heads up! I'm wanting to buy/build up a affordable freeride bike. I was stupid enough to let a Scott High Octane pass me buy in December. (R6500 complete. Needed work, but that's part of the fun)

My LBS is selling a brand new KHS Lucky 7 for R12 500...

Marzo 66 RCV

Fox Van R

Hayes Stroker

SRAM X7

I'll have to save a bit, but it seems like a pretty good price... right?!
patches2010-02-15 06:18:34