The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

And you think your fork has a lot of travel????What do you think about this?!?!?!?!?!?!??20100222_093154_20256_134443666.jpg
#

I can do that to my bike aswell. If that oak rides like that he is an idiot!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a place called Castlecote in Parow. they quote me R342 to bead blast and powder coat my bike in a range of colors including clear.

You will have to take out your pivot bearing etc yourself.

I can't vouch for their work cos I ended up trying to save money and taking it to another place in Wetton who took 2 months to do a sh*t job.

Yho this oak on gumtree was selling a scott nitrous 30 for 3500. was bought by someone who contact my add for "wanted scott nitrous" and tried to sell the exact bike to me for 7500

lol, i think there is a thread on this forum called "hustlers" go post up tehre and save the thread! smiley17.gif

DHK: u, mitch, jason, Angus and alex coming this weekend?

Jason prob not he can't afford to pay for the service on his shock. Me not can't afford a drop out and derailer and alex won't he out of riding for a while

aww fek. did u ask if Action Cycling has one? what about having one made up for you? any engineering works can do it. honestly.

Gents,

I would like to join this thread. There seem to be alot less issues here than the rest of the Hub. My dream is to get a DH rig, so I am working on that........

hahha welcome TheNoodle.

I take it u referring to the most recent hub 'meltdown'? smiley1.gif Par for the course when it comes to that topic.

So what u looking at getting? Come, give us your wishlist smiley2.gif bet it's gonna be a monster dh sled.

Shot Capricorn!

Ya, I have been mainly doing XC's. Got a Merida Mission 3000 but I am a little gravitationally challenged (big bonedsmiley36.gif) and I tend to pass many riders on the downhills but going up they all pass me again. I have been looking at some of your guys' rides and I really dig the bikes that Giant is pumping out. Monggose Boot R is also quite sexy, what do you guys reckon to start with.......something that can take big knocks?

best thing is, get a decent 2nd hand DH rig with some decent specs (cos honestly, ALL purpose built DH rigs are good!) and then start shredding. If you like it, then u can later on decide to play around with various frames and their specific geometries.

If I'm not mistaken: at this stage, you dont know what u want, except to try DH. So try. get picky later on smiley1.gif Quite a few DH sleds for sale, and make no mistake: whilsts there are some sick bargains to be had, DH is not a cheap passtime.?

Ya, I can see that. Thanks guys. I will keep chatting and hopefully soon I will be able to set myself up with something.

Then all you "capies" must make a road trip to kzn and shred some tracks here.

Cheers!