The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

link?

soz for earlier. I pwnd myself by not reading your Request for pitchers..i thought u were gonna post up, but then forgot,like u did with the thread on Giant ACs smiley2.gif

20100222_034152_Sir_Lowrys_Pass.jpg

The directions are slightly wrong. You turn right at the stop street.

any chance of GPS coords? and anyone willing to let me hitch a ride with them to the event? I want to loan my car to someone who needs a ride for the day. yeah. i'ma great guy! smiley17.gif

yowzer.. kinda disappointed today didnt go according to expectations. Had to leave my self esteem at one of two spots that I stacked: 2nd run down, front wheel washes, i go into the gully, bike follows. Cameras rolling, i be hating. FEK!

2nd bail is the one that cut my day short: rock garden on third time thru. Tried another route, didnt work out to well, lost a pedal. wham. buys the farm. Thigh area just above the knee, got mashed into a rock i imagine, and it progressively got stiffer and stiffer to the point where my nth run down was just stupid. Called it a day. Also at the rock garden stack, front brake lost it's mojo and wouldn't work properly. Good thing Devon from action cycling was around at the pit area, did some stuff, which didnt seem like a repair, but whatever he did, i was gratefuly cos it worked.?

still, I kinda enjoyed it, albeit the track was super sketch. sand everywhere, and pretty stiff wind which made things interesting, in that u know u gonna slide if hit a corner too hard, but u cant brake either otherwise u gonna slide! (not to mention loose speed). Devon got blown off course a bit causing him to stack at the 2nd road gap, leaving him with some sandblasting to his forearm.

Damn good learning experience. Awesome to see Angus there, taking those rock drops awesomely!

Hey guys - spam time again! The day started out cool and misty but the mist cleared, the clouds drifted away and the sun shone! Hot in the end with a dry track. Ended up with loose of hardpack with sections of humic soil - one section caused a massive wipe-out with the guy being transported away in a neck-brace. Holding thumbs he'll be back in the sadlle chop chop. This group of photographs is from the top section of the course.

20100228_105044_Top_1.jpg

20100228_105535_Top_3.jpg

20100228_105619_Top_4.jpg

20100228_105706_Top_5.jpg

Now for the mid-section action

20100228_110601_Mid_1.jpg

The wooden bridge formed part of the WC DH route. Do I need to say awesome air!

20100228_110757_Mid_2.jpg

20100228_110838_Mid_3.jpg

Some guys were .... conservative over it....

But lower down were some cool rock ledge type jumps

20100228_111129_Mid_4.jpg

20100228_111354_Mid_5.jpg

20100228_111538_Mid_6.jpg