The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

Angus says kirstenhof. no idea where that is. Asking angus if he can try and hook the two of you up.

Kirstenhof dude. How the hell do you not know where that is? It's next door to Tokai. And another thing. Guys don't hook up. Well. Maybe in Greenpoint.

your_name_here2010-03-10 07:50:31

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOOL. glad to see u decided to come clean. smiley4.gif?

whois doing the shuttles? a dedicated truck or a collection of priv vehicles?

It's a dedicated vehicle. Hence the R100. but i might be tempted to use my truck. I'll still pay the R100 tho. Stefan puts in a lot of effort and we all need to support.

thanks for the update. Definitely stoked to be there with 100 bucks in tow.smiley1.gif

Any word yet on a regional series?

The thing I hope everyone understands is that if it's well supported it might become a regular thing with a regular uplift.

Uplift + multiple tracks = bike park

There are 3 tracks at paarl with numerous other "freeride" obstacles too. With the uplift going on Sunday this is the closest thing to a proper bike park any of us will experience in Cape Town.

I haven't spoken to chris since the race so i have no idea what's happening ito a series.

dude. for sure. if stick some chairs in the back of the pickup, then we got our own homegrown chairlift.i swear, i will be there every occassion smiley17.gif

Thing is, if the shuttle service is there consistently, irrespective of numbers (there is of course a minimum number which defines financial viability), they will come.

btw: did chris break even? Still willing to help the guy out if SLoP ruined his wallet abit. But when we going for SLoPpy seconds smiley17.gif (hahah couldn't resist)

No need for chairs on the back brah. Their are 5 air-conditioned chairs in the front.

I agree on the viability thing. That's why lots of people must show. TBH tho i think the turnout will be low. it is argus day afterall. I know i'm gonna be there tho.

I don't know how he did. he might be there on sunday. We can ask then.

I don't know when we can go back. It's the shuttle day this weekend. I'm going up to Johanneshole next week so next Sat is gonna be a Tokai morning for me. Maybe the next weekend. So Saturday the 27th. I can steal (sorry typo) borrow some more wood from that huge pile at the end of the track too. hehehe.

no stress, whenever you going, lemme know. See if i can make it. I might go myself anyway, but definitely not alone. I stand a good chance of being carried down if the last two stacks there are anything to learn from smiley2.gif

but yeah, i'm definitely gonna be at Paarl on Sunday.?

Anyone out there that can point me towards some good places to ride in JHB?

I know Helderkruin is pretty popular, but are there any other DH/FR trails to ride in JHB? Does the MTN Cycle Park have anything freeride-ish?

Guess who got dropouts!!! Does anyone have a 9sp derailer?

come man, tell us who got new dropouts.. jeepers.. the tension...

/goes to slit wrists..

oi..

Nice!  I got da drop out!! Stole my Dads LX derailer just for the weekend waiting for GT22 to get back to me on the 105. So now it just down to convinving my dad to take me to paarl

anyone have a copy of Clay Porter's Between the Tape? Would be stoked to close the loop on my little collection of Clay Porter MTB movies.