The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

Haha yes as you can afford a demo, but if I could afford a cruz I wouldn't be. :P Light bikes are a win for any type of riding style.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

btw DHK: getting a pair of 2010 Deemax's. pretty stoked to finally go tubeless and shed some serious poundage in terms of rolling mass. should be interesting :)

at least yours are white :( dunno how the silver will look in the grand scheme of things. but i just gotta remember it wasnt for the looks.

seriously wanting to drop bike mass. But i think most fo it's currently inteh wheels + frame.

Awesome SC frame. My dream is the Izimu.

Cap, white rims are the bomb. Also maybe yellow!! You WILL be noticed on the hills.

Cool. Im gonna try come Saturday too! My GF wants to do some redecorating at home and needs my help... so ill see. Rock garden needs to biggger im sure.. I had a look for more rocks, pretty scarce at that point of the trail. Did Find one or two extra rocks nearby. watch out for scorpions though! they like to hide under them...

The off shoot after the rock garden is so doable. the line would be hit the rockgarden on the left, go diagonally across to the right almost off track, then swoop left into the turn-off, you have to keep ya speed up to make the gap. ive tried it, but havent comitted to it!!!! it scary! Keep thinking ill land with my back wheel in the ditch and implode my lower regions into the headset...OUCH. Will put a berm up to maintain speed into the gap for sure.

The lower section of SH3 I think is ok. but i found a nicer line could be made diagonaly through the forest on the right of the tree trunks jumps and rock piles... where some table tops and cool flowy jumps could be built... Future plans... ahhhh.

i know exactly what you referring to Loveme.Dh/FR. Even further to the right, where the trail ends in that cul de sac, there is this little intersection of various trails with some mounds that has massive potential for 'stuff'! But gonna keep my efforts focussed :)

I think i should follow you into your track. I dont know what speed you coming into that rockgarden, but i always overcook entry into yours. Not even a berm might save me

Awesome SC frame. My dream is the Izimu.

Cap, white rims are the bomb. Also maybe yellow!! You WILL be noticed on the hills.

oooh! look... and Izimu WITH white rims :D

post-10758-039253900 1282812301.jpg

...hahaha! sorry, old pic of the old girl... just thought I'd entice your imagination Stryder :D

as soon as my CRC order comes though, she'll be sporting a Saint RD and some nice red Answer bars :D (780mm wide Cap... I'm gonna look like a truck driver)

(and then sadly, I may sell her)

Oh Patches........ :rolleyes:

Damn nice, old or not. Those bikes get younger gracefully. I like the white fork as well. Wot, I see white Spanks on there!!!!

Thanks Stryder

yup! white spank spikes on red Hope Pro IIs... with 203mm Hope floating discs (gunsmoke inners).

I thought I'd treat the old girl to some nice wheels

patches: why u selling ?? :huh:

Nice bars them Answers.

I trimmed my boobars down to 760mm. Even though the results speak for themselves (better turning control without losing the leverage needed to bash thru the gnar, and no more bashing of grips on trees etc), I still cringe when I hit certain sections, in which I previously snagged a grip on branches and trees.

Sorry Werner - you're correct, they are Spikes

huh?!

they're Spank Spikes!

Brand = Spank

Model = Spike

so yeah... everyone is a winner (just like my mom always tells me)

patches: why u selling ?? :huh:

I'm thinking of becoming a roller blader...

hahahha! Just kidding! I've seen a beautiful Yeti ASX FR bike (adjustable travel 6" or 7" on a DHX 5 coil shock) and I want it... I'll probably keep both, but I may find little need for the morewood cos the yeti is pretty capable.

Will see though... I may decide against selling the morewood... as I will miss the beast