The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

DHK: what happened to the E.13? I thought it was only teh top guide plate that was slightly cracked, or did u explode the taco on some curbs?

When next week you guys going again? Please make it sunday... :unsure:

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LDF that picture is so sweet, you guys have it good over there, 3 mins of downhill must be awesome!

We working on a little track in the valley near my house, very pedally up top then it gets steep and ruff near the end.

DHK, did you purchase that gamut locally?

LDF: "utah", while appropiate for the dryness of it all, is actually called the Playground. Lotsa lines all over the place. I keep eyeballing those sick drops, but always leave with the resolution: 'next time'... as if. ;)

what's your take on the race route? description?

CAP: Playground makes sense! The pic of me is the wall ride in that area. So fun there, we rode that area messing around for quite a while

Regarding the Race track:

It really is the best DH trail ive ridden. (and i took every chicken run available!! Next time!!!)

Starts off a little flat, but there are some new berms and drops to keep it flowing.

Its quite nice although a little slow, but it feels tech enough to not be boring, like little jumps straight into berms...

Then it gets a bit faster, with some step down/ rock gardens, a little gap jump into a steep technical dip

then a scary-ish rock garden...

Then it starts to get faster.. and opens up a bit..

theres a road gap and some drops into berms, some solid berms and some heavily washed out ones.

The track splits, for a chicken run..

left is a large double and right is a table top then a single which is also the landing for the double,

then a few more berms, into a section where theres a few lines or options over some jumps, here theres a Maaaaassiiive double! Its only about 1m high,

but covers about 5m till the down section. and could be really really sore if you dont have enough speed to clear it!!

i think it then goes into 2 really nice big berms, which are really solid and big which makes it easy to rail at high speed.

Over Finish.

LDF: u wanna pick the chain device from the LBS? I called them sat, but they hadnt started work on it yet, so the CD is still attached. Can have it removed for you to pick up?

Cap that would be awesome! what LBS is it at?

Will you be coming to paarl on the weekend Prob Saterday?

I think its gonna be rad rad!!

sat? no man :( sunday rather? Sat is fubar for me. Might still on afternoon shift, not to mention the usual runaround in the morning (shopping, gas for my gas system at home, errands for mom etc)

YGPM wrt LBS

man, i luv sam Hill. flats, Dh shorts, flat pedals and a road bike. SWEEEEEEEEEEET!

On Sunday it was time for the road, where the three times winner of Tour de France, Alberto Contador (Astana) was the star. But all the attention was on Sam Hill, who along with Matt Hunter decided to make the road course in the morning and leave the Bike Park lines for the afternoon. The interesting thing was to see Sam Hill, dressed in his baggy green Troy Lee DH shorts, his Fiveten’s and flat pedals, riding on a road bike and completing the 120km of the road track.

http://lp1.pinkbike.com/p4pb5639331/p4pb5639331.jpg

http://lp1.pinkbike.com/p4pb5639334/p4pb5639334.jpg

albert who?? LOL :lol:

LDH: love the pic, nice height on the wall!!!! Have not progressed so far yet. Sam Hill - wot a boy. No colour too odd, or bike too weird. Dig the shoes

CAP:

Cant make it sunday... family lunch - Roast yum!!.. arrggg...

Will make a plan!!

Stryder, Thanks that wall is pretty fun! Both mikes and myself were getting pretty high. started off being really low, and then got a good line, a little confident and you can get right up it.