The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lets seee, you want at least 180mm fork travel, triple clamp will help the serious and pro riders but its up to you, you want a frame with at least 6' of travel, a fairly new or well maintained drivetrain, also look for fork and shock service historys. unless you get a run down old bike for +- 4k and then fix it up. for example I bought a Scott Nitrous 30 for about 6k and now im slowly building it up, just got new cranks put on and it looks awesome, and sometimes you get lucky with the older (cheaper) bikes, but like Panik said, show us what bike your interested and we will help you out and give you some advicesmiley1.gif

whats your guys opinions on the morewoods? they look good but do you know how they ride?

there is a huge morewood following in ZA, and it's ridden on the world cup circuit so there cant be much wrong. I cant say personally because i've never ridden one before, and probably never will. Not my kind of frame.

there is a huge morewood following in ZA' date=' and it's ridden on the world cup circuit so there cant be much wrong. I cant say personally because i've never ridden one before, and probably never will. Not my kind of frame.

[/quote']

I second that....

Yes  but it still needs to go in for a service before I will let it go and I just havn't had time and don't know when I will be able to take it in

that's one more thing about them morewoods: price per frame. then again, it is a world class frame, but i would rather spend that money importing a spesh or Intense (probably thee most overpriced frame out there. Ask any ZA merida fan smiley17.gif )