The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

This bike I like due to the fact that it has a uninterrupted seat post like my Shova LT(Morewood)

Kinda has the same rear triangle and platform too...

Difference (visually) that I can see is the little extra arm connected to the  rear triangle and the frame.

Excuse me for being ignorant, but is this a Iron Horse?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DV:my brakes are going Code later. Have you used Juicy's before, and how do they compare? I know what I've read.

Same feel, more POWER...

I love em.  I had Juicy 5's on before.

The codes don't fade as much when they get hot.  (We went riding in the Alps...)

yeah, that's what I read about them as well. thanks for putting some icing on top of a large layer of conviction wrt the Codes. I been eyeballing them for ages now, just had to prioritise my purchases. Currently have the 5s as well.

Reminder 1 capricorn e-thirteen! I want a set of codes anyone want to swap juicy 7's for codes?

CRC says end of Aug for the ISCG adapter. See if you see that item as being in stock, please let me know. I will be keeping an eye out too, as i'm dead in the water without the adapter.

Haha ja Jason(Guy at olympic) said that there are non in SA right now and doesn't know when they will be in but we will be getting them in sometime... hopefully before Christmas!

yeah, like the fact that you cant find five ten shoes in this country. Mail order mountain, or some name to that effect, said they first need to sell their current batch of montrails before they can get in some 5.10's. lady told me best time is next year.right.

yeah' date=' like the fact that you cant find five ten shoes in this country. Mail order mountain, or some name to that effect, said they first need to sell their current batch of montrails before they can get in some 5.10's. lady told me best time is next year.right.

[/quote']

Are you referring to DH shoes?

Why would you want specific DH shoes?

Do they make a difference?

in a nutshell, it's like DHK stated above:

I dont think there is such a thing as a DH specific shoe. It's just that with the 5.10s that use that super special rubber, it works great with flat pedals: for that clipped in feel without the the clips.

Read up a bit on the rubber used on the 5.10. Very interesting.

Just bought this on the weekend. It's a real mess... but I've already stripped it for a rebuild. Fitting some new parts this week: '08 Boxxer World Cup (NOS), Sun MTX 33 rims.

I'll be ordering new bars, stem, chain ring and chain device at the end of the month.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/hellchops/cid_090814_172955.jpg

For now, I'll use the bar, stem, chain ring and chain device from my old bike:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/hellchops/_MG_6394Small.jpg

The 40 is going on my mate's Boot'r (it's getting rebuilt and repainted). My old bike (pictured above) will be available as a complete bike for around R10k, that bike will be built during next week. It's a Giant DH Team (small) and it will have a '09 Marz Bomber 888RCV (from the Boot'r) on it, rear shock is a Manitou Swinger.

Hopefully the Glory will be up and running by the weekend.... looking more racey!