The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

oooi! close call there Jrussel. I guess that's a lesson to all of us to at least check our drive trains before going for a spin. ?best case: we have to start the fun a bit later tightening this or that: worst case, we broke our bloody necks...

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha yeah, i had a little tuble on DH1 last week, was trying different lines with Murray and i went straight into a rock, which i couldnt see untill the last minute because of this other big rock you have to ride over. was my first real fall riding DHsmiley36.gif

Down the berm, then a left on some sand then a longish jump then a big rock long and wide rock that you have to ride down.

I rode down the big rock and went straight into a nasty thing in the middle of the track, bascicly after the big and wide rock, there are two separate lines.....and a rock in the middle which i hit. baaaad angles aswel i was so lucky not to damage my rim or somthing like that

huh? bit lost there:

guide me: top of DH1. left turn into that rooty area, followed by entry into mini rock garden. Then a right hander going down into a left hand mini berm before a small drop off a rock between two trees. There is a big rock just to the left after that drop..

After the drop, you have two choices : straight ahead or make a hard right.

If straight ahead: then it's pedal pedal pedal to turn those doubled up logs into a jump to clear most of the rocks before hitting that big berm which follows into that little drop onto the jeep track.

If you take that hard right, it's a little drop off some stacked logs, then down a rock drop/jump onto a small transistion before a nice tight berm. Again the exit is a little drop onto that jeep track, or the new makeshift ramp to the right of that little drop, both of which end up on the jeep track.

The two berms mentioned above a literally in parallel with each other.

Capricorn2009-11-09 12:45:56

lol ok well DH1 is where the road gap launches into, its directly above DH2, do you know where the road gap is?

im on Google Earth nowsmiley17.gif

Wow!! I CAN SEE YOU!! WAVE YOUR HANDS> WHOOHOOOO!!!

smiley17.gif

yes i know. been revving myself up for that road jump.

lol i ment ill send you the bookmark of DH1smiley17.gif but that was still pretty funnysmiley17.gif

ok well thats where i fell off....in that track there. are you riding at tokai this weekend? im pretty keen to go both saturday and sunday

if the weather holds out, i'm definitely there on sunday, hopefully in the morning, cos i normally only manage to find the time in the afternoon. Supposed to ride with Devon (dude that works at actioncyling). I wanna get some more jumps under my wheels before I try that road jump. Once i'm sure my balance on the bike for jumps is correct, i'll definitely take a swat at that road jump.

You take it yet? how was it first time up?

I'am going to just try drop the road ramp thing on wed just to see how bad it would be if everything did go wrong. BTW jason those are not called nuts as much as you'd like to call them that but the correct name are cones I believe

mmmmm Murray had a good point, i dont feel 100% comfortable doing it yet, and i think its not worth it not being able to ride for 6 months because of a broken bone or somthing like that. so ill just have to build up my jumping confidence a little more. although i do pretty much every other jump at toaki.....im just a little apprehensive about the rode gap haha. maybe ill see you there sunday

well, if i remember correctly, we gonna see each other this weekend, irrespective of weather and tokai... smiley17.gif

as for jumps, I tend to start small and work on my technique. I then take that focus and BELIEF in my technique to the bigger stuff. Tends to help a lot, especially in preventing me from being too stiff first time up. and i try a lot to get that crap of things going bust on landing out of my head. That's just self defeatist ...

it's like some clever jap dude once said: the cat only jumps so high because the mind is already there: it's for the body to catch up.

smiley17.gif wise indeed.

Okay I didn't read all of that not a big fan of reading but Jason please first atleast do the jump along side of the jeep track as that is like a 1.5m gap to where you supose to land the hole only a metre but if you can't do that imagine the road gap it like double the size