The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

lol.. what do you define as filthy?

compare the geo. that frame looks very similar to the chumba F5, but more similar to the Xtension Xtreme

if the geo's typical of a decent DH frame, then the last thing to consider is construction quality. If there are no reports of repeated fractures etc, then i reckon you are good to go.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

problem: appear to be running out of 'torque' a bit early.

once i pass a certain speed, it feels as if I'm just churning air even though i'm on the 11T cog, and pedalling like a beast. Rate of acceleration is greatly reduced, and frankly, it feels like i'm just windmilling.

Question: how to fix? switch from 36T up front to 38T or go from 170 to 175mm cranks? or what?

hehehe.. and the village genius strikes first smiley17.gif However, your logic is slightly flawed, for if i were camping the flatground, i would have quite a bit of torque available, and definitely not cranking it on 11T cog.

But less seriously, any suggestions?

But the thing is the answer is all in these to little letter DH . . .  Downhill not FG . . . Flat ground there is no logic in that but ja what ever. What I have seen guys do it they fit really big chainrings from Road bikes. This guy came  into the other shop and had a road bike crankset and chainrings on his bike. you going to hit tokai tomorrow??

yeah well, sometimes, the slope is so long, but not really that steep, that pedalling is only way to hit Vmax. But on the 11T, it just feels like I have to pedal for ages to pick up any extra speed. I do exclude the very real possibility I just pedal too slow cos i'm too unfit smiley17.gif ?

Tokai? oh yum yum. what time ?you gonna be there? oh please let this weekend not be another wash out smiley6.gif

Capricorn2009-11-11 13:17:13

No rather bring a chain saw that way you can just bring the hole tree along smiley17.gif as you said I'am the one that ends up wrapped around trees

lol smiley4.gif take care out there, especially if it's windy. I got blown around cpt central quite badly going off them drops etc. damn wind nearly blew the wheels out from under me. granted, the winds might not be as evil as in the CBD ,but take care out there.

problem: appear to be running out of 'torque' a bit early.

once i pass a certain speed' date=' it feels as if I'm just churning air even though i'm on the 11T cog, and pedalling like a beast. Rate of acceleration is greatly reduced, and frankly, it feels like i'm just windmilling.

Question: how to fix? switch from 36T up front to 38T or go from 170 to 175mm cranks? or what?

[/quote']

You want a bigger chain ring, try this one smiley17.gif

https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum_posts.asp?TID=65707