The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I used to have the Scott OEM "progressive" seat, and it was a different style to all the other seats ive seen, it had a thinner back end so that you could move forward and backwards without hurting your legs and other nessesary manly objects, maybe that was more of a BMX seat? what are the differences between the MTB and BMX seats?

Well I used to have the Scott OEM "progressive" seat' date=' and it was a different style to all the other seats ive seen, it had a thinner back end so that you could move forward and backwards without hurting your legs and other nessesary manly objects, maybe that was more of a BMX seat? what are the differences between the MTB and BMX seats?[/quote']

look, a seat is a seat.

there isn't really much you can change about them

i just think bmx seats look better in general

whta time you out there? i have a department year end function (slits wrists at the thought) late morning. Hopefully i can bounce early enough.

Jason: when u ordering those hubs? i just placed an order today, for UPS delivery, and completely forgot about the damn hubs :( as I too wanted a new set.

I wanna have mine by next week ish, And they got the red 32 hole in stock nowsmiley1.gif so ill place an order this weekend.

ill probably head down there at around 2 30. Somehow my 2nd chainring bent so its getting replayesed or fixed at LBS now. Andy might come with me tomorrow aswell.

hahaha.. i just PM'd you the story about the shock. and dont bloodywell laugh smiley17.gif

Would be nice to meet Andy. If I can make it out there, should i bring the fork and stem with?

Hey guys.

Anyone looking to buy some gear?

GT Chucker 1.0 frame (white) R1500

DH Wheelset. Front Alex rims DP20 rim Extension hup Maxxis Minion Tyre

Rear Alex-rims supra-bh rim Extension Hub Maxxis

High roller tyre R 1500 for the set

Hope m4 4 pot caliper brakes R800

Truvativ 710mm bar R150

don't bother with mtb seats

bmx seats are much better looking

There is actually a difference I think..

BMX seats are just much smaller in general. Look cooler with patterns etc, but uncomfortable..

Then you can get DJ seats like a Chucker seat.. A bit wider than a bmx seat and has grips underneath, both for doing seatgrabs and stuff..

Then you get DH seats which are much longer and thinner so that you use it between your legs to manouvre the bike.. And they also have a bit more room for adjustability..