Polar CS200 - Yes or no?

andre_ct

I decided to 'treat' myself to an upgrade for my comp....been researching, and the Polar CS200cad looks to be wot i want

i want my comp to have cadence, HRM, and if it can download to pc then all the better. but then again i wouldnt mind seeing gradient as well....hmmm??

did a search on the hub and i picked up quite a few threads with ppl having issues with the CS200. is it problem proned?

If you can pick up a good deal on a CS400, then I would recommend that.

I have had mine for about 1 1/2 years and haven't had a single problem.

Guest Agteros

I'd say a no because of this:

Data transfer
SonicLink (PC with a sound card and microphone required)UpLink (PC with a sound card and headphones/dynamic loudspeakers required)

CS200cad: http://www.polar.fi/en/products/cycling/CS200cad/

This method of data transfer makes use of the speakers and microphone of the computer. Rather go for a cycling computer that makes use of an infra-red (IrDA) adaptor. SonicLink can be potentially noisy/fickle ...

CS400 is the 'first one from the bottom' that features IrDA: http://www.polar.fi/en/products/cycling/CS400/

Alternatively look at a new/second hand S710i / S720i / SS725 / S625 ?

if it can download to pc then all the better.

What kind of data do you want to download? The CS200 only stores a summary of each exercise/lap i.e. time, average HR, average speed etc. The higer models like the CS400 actually sample your data given you a second-by-second plot of your workout.

When I was hunting, I was keen on the CS400, CS300 is ok, but CS400 had everything you could ask for and wasn't over the top expensive.

My vote it try get a couple more bucks together and get a CS400.

cs 200 is the bomb !

but why on earth do you want gradient ?

If you want to know why you feel like you are dying - its cause its moer steep! thats all the gradient you need to know

Are you dead set on Polar? Suunto have some great models T6 will give you everything you want and more.

Also, Garmin is worth looking at!

I've had the CS200 and upgraded to CS400 for a few reasons:

- CS200 can only store 7 exercises, if you ride regularly this can be quite a pain, I sometimes had to delete exercises because I had forgotten to download (CS400 has 100hours of storage capacity)

- you can't download your information to software, only to the polar website so you can't access your info unless you're online.  I also found that training diary to be painfully slow. (CS400 comes with pro-trainer software)

- No ascent (I like to know my total ascent, esp when training for an event where I know there's a lot of climbing)

They are both very nice computers. My CS200 served it's purpose but I love my CS400. It gives me all the info I need!

Nice summary Nance - cs200 vs 400 depends which features are a benefit 2 u.

the diary feature & website is enuff 4 me, the ascent / gradient wud b nice but not worth the extra for me. The sonic download can b tedious.

if the diff in price is not so great, go for the 400 fm memry it was 1200 more - mayB 2 much?

I got a good deal on a CS600 with power meter on the Hub, for R3000.

Now that offers a lot of features, but costs a bit more.