Polar questions.....

PappaBear

I probably should have mentioned this earlier.... but I am rather specific that I want a polar' date=' not another brand...... 

Not saying Garmin and Suunto isn't great brands, but I specifically want a Polar......  with the Weblink option, so it should be a newish model....
[/quote']

PfffDead that would have saved me..

I probably should have mentioned this earlier.... but I am rather specific that I want a polar' date=' not another brand...... 

Not saying Garmin and Suunto isn't great brands, but I specifically want a Polar......  with the Weblink option, so it should be a newish model....

[/quote']

PfffDead that would have saved me..

ja ja.....sorry daaroor! Big%20smile

maar ek het gister (nadat ek die post begin het) navorsing gedoen en gesien wat ek soek.....

basies tussen die S725X en RS800CX......

enige advies oor die 2 models?

[/quote']

I sense a Discovery member looking for Vitality points..

I use a Polar S720i for cycling & running.

When I run I only get altitude, HR & time, no distance obviously since I don't have a footpod (need S725x anyway) or a GPS.

But, I tend to either be running measured races or regular routes that I know the distance of (get a buddy to measure using his Garmin, or ride it). When I'm running on the Mountain/trail it's not really about the km's covered, but rather the time taken on the specific route.

I managed to pick a 2nd speedsensor off theHub at a good price, so both my mtb & road bike are covered. On the bike then I've got HR, Altitude, Temp, Distance, Speed, Time etc

Temp isn't useful when running, 'cause when wearing the unit on your arm it tends to pickup the temp from your arm as opposed to the outside air temp when mounted on the bike.

A quick search and it looks like the unit costs around R3500, but there are often 2nd hand ones going for around R2500.

Ekt die 725 vir 'n jaar of twee gebruik.  GEEN issues behalwe dat jy die ding moet instuur vir sy batterye......wat ook 'n goeie ding is want hulle beloer hom mooi en kyk als nog reg tik.

die 800 is die brak se dinglies.....

Dit LYK net beter op die bars.

Onthou......die 800 kom met sy sensors by.....jy kan die GPS eers later by koop.......met die 725 kan jy nooit dit doen nie....jy moet die HELE unit vervang.

Gaan loer bietjie hier.....nogal oulike review.

Ekt die 725 vir 'n jaar of twee gebruik.  GEEN issues behalwe dat jy die ding moet instuur vir sy batterye......wat ook 'n goeie ding is want hulle beloer hom mooi en kyk als nog reg tik.

die 800 is die brak se dinglies.....

Dit LYK net beter op die bars.

Onthou......die 800 kom met sy sensors by.....jy kan die GPS eers later by koop.......met die 725 kan jy nooit dit doen nie....jy moet die HELE unit vervang.

Gaan loer bietjie hier.....nogal oulike review.

wat beteken dit??  ek probeer nou uitfigure of dit goed of sleg is.....  Tongue

= The dogs danglies = The mutts nuts = the dogs bollocks = the bees knees = the cat's pyjamas = excellent = the highest quality etc

Oh and on the mounting question' date=' I carry it on the arm for triathelons and running (obviously) and when I cycle I just strap it to my Handlebar, I have taken a piece of High density foam, cut a circle out of it and then a slit in to go onto the bars, easy as pie, dont bother paying R800 bucks for the Polar/garmin mounts.[/quote']

why didnt I think of that? Thnx!!! Will do for my track bike.