MTB and road training

If I ride mtb and road, is it ok to do all my riding on roadbike and only one technical ride per week on the mtb?

Or should I do some long rides on my mtb as well?

all i can say that mtb makes u strong mayb un must do more on mtb u see results on road

Ok, some more info.

Can only ride mtb on friday, saterday and sunday and during these 3 days I have to do my road long ride as well.

I do all my intense training on the road cause you can 'control the elements better' ie HR and cadence, etc an then do 1 technical session a week and I try do 1 long mtb ride a week just cause its way more fun than road riding.

zippo, technical is probably riding the nice twisty singletracks and gnarly downhills as fast as you can, and steep rocky climbs without putting a foot down - all the reasons why one would want to ride a mountain bike.

If you only ride road you will battle on the mtb and if you only ride mtb you will battle on the road, gearing and purchase per peddle stroke is completely different along with body conditioning, Best is to do as close to even amounts on each (favoring ur prefered disapline of course) so i'd say if ur a roadie then 1 technical mtb ride and 1 long mtb ride a week then the rest road Thumbs%20Up it'll make u strong like russian bull and tough like nandos lol.

If you only train twice a week then 1 long road, 1 long MTB. Hope that helps bud Big%20smile

Happy training and ride safe.

I entered ladysmith cheese seweweekspoort 80 km mtb event.Do I need any spesific traing to survive.I normally sort of end in the back 1/3 of the field in races like knysna 50 /stellenbosch 42.I'm getting scared of the distance.