PPA seeding

Jaco-fiets

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys you can understand why they only use PPA Sanctioned rides. Take for example, the Epic, WP Champs Road race, these other church/plattelandse funrides, The Pioneer,

How will PPA validate those and uses those in a seeding?

The bottom line is they got rules and the Rules is that the only use PPA Sanctiones (Winning Time/Racetec) timming events.

lets rather discuss WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO TO GET OUR SEEDING HIGHER.

Lets discuss what races we will ride together to get better times.

Asked the ?ld"hubbers how we did it in previous years, and they will tell you how there seedings jump in those rides.

Im in Q Embarrassed Well only did the argusLOL Doing the Amashova and 94.7 so maybe will change next year Tongue.

Need them to sort out my ID no as well anywise I will be a 100 years old Wink

Popeye, point taken, but Burger & Knysna both sanctioned PPA cycle tour events timed by racetec, its the inconsistent crap that PPA feed us that is of concern not the fact of where we seeded!

Popeye, I do agree with you that I must now move on and just ride to improve. But my beef is that I have ridden and deserve credit for what I have achieved (maybe nothing in others eye's), but we all like to measure ourselves and for PPA not to use these two races is not fair as they were timed and sanctioned.

hmm, now this morning I try and reply to an email from INFO at ppa....and get a mail undelivered msg...then I try and call them...number dead??

Popeye' date=' point taken, but Burger & Knysna both sanctioned PPA cycle tour events timed by racetec, its the inconsistent crap that PPA feed us that is of concern not the fact of where we seeded![/quote']

are you sure it is not used? It is used with a buddy of mines seeding.

Although the winning time for 2009 Burger MTB (Stellenbosch MTB) was set to 1 minute, it was still used for my seeding! It actually is my best event according to the PPA seeding page.

The other 2 races used to calculate my seeding are the 2008 & 2007 Stellenbosch MTB events.

2009 Burger MTB was also used for mrs mountain_lion's seeding as well as her 2007 Knysna MTB event.

Other more recent 2009 events (road & MTB) including the Argus, where I did not do too bad were not used to calculate my seeding.

Last year I was in K and felt right at home there on the road.

Now I have moved to I based on MTB events only, one dating back to 2007.

This while PPA say most people will drop a few groups due to smaller groups.

My riding might have improved, but not that much.

I can see myself being dropped from line again at the next road ride... Embarrassed

Now I am completely confused... Confused

Although since I am primarily a mountain biker, I don't care much about the seeding; I only do road rides to build a bit of speed.

Still the PPA seeding seems to be one big f-up.

mountain_lion2009-09-01 03:27:20

This is REALLY screwed up!!! 

My top two indexes are now 2 road races in which I did terrible.

First One: Burger Fietstour.  I was 4 months pregnant so took it really easy and road the 2nd half by myself.

Second One:  Knysna Road 2007:  I did the mtb the day before and injured my knee.  on the way back I wasn't even able to cycle at 20km's per hour.

Previously these were 2 of my worst. 

This years Knysna MTB is wrong:  Winning time of 1 minute? 

2009/07/04Pick n Pay/Weekend Argus/Rotary Knysna MTB Challenge5000:01:0003:28:3014.390100.1168

With all of that however I'm only 2 groups down from what I was before having a baby.  All my rides used for the seeding were in 2007.

Not that I really care as I no longer ride on the road so don't care about bunches.

Also tried to contact them... email being returned with permanent error... maybe they've decided it's a good time to go fishing...