Best MTB shops in Cape Town

reubz

I can vouch for CFS CT - great service and good pricing!

CycleLab is quite expensive, but you get lots of 'extras' and I am yet to find a shop that returns your bike cleaner.

Further CMC for maintenance is exceptional, and BMC for wheel building and if you looking for someone who will try fix before replace if you ask.

CFS (Montague Gardens), Gecko Cycles (Brackenfell, Fred), Recycles (Bellville, JP), Williams Bike Shop (Somerset West)  to name a few. knersis2009-08-26 07:59:49

Yip, Cycle Factory Store. Apart from some CWC specials they have the best prices in CT and they have a great workshop.

Bike shops are such a personal service. It helps to build a relationship with a shop that is easily accessable and with staff and management that understands your needs. The challenge often is that we don't quite know what we want, so how is the sales person supposed to know. My LBS phones me if I haven't been in for my fortnightly fix, to chat and to lure me back with new goodies that may interest me. I never feel rushed when I get there and even their dogs greet me with a smile. My shop of choice is

EPIC BIKE SHOP, 39 Constantia Rd, Plumstead.

Their prices are reasonable, and I never feel like they are stringing me along. On occasion I'd go in and say something like "I think my dereuler is buggered"(R1000). The mechie then takes a look, and tells me that I bent my hangar (R100).

I try to stay away from "bargain shops" as I have had bad experiences regarding after sales service in the past.

and I am yet to find a shop that returns your bike cleaner.

Come visit me in Worcester.... Marshall my one mechanic is definately the best bike valet around Thumbs%20Up

True. I've been in there (Epic) three times and they are one of two shops I will never ever buy from or go into again. Even if they are the last shops standing.

But other people, who know the guys there and probably ride with them, like them and will support them. So yes, it's a personal thing.

Another vote for Cycle Factory. I do pop into other shops to look at bikes and acc and to talk bike to whoever is standing around, but I do my shopping at CFS. Best prices and my bike always comes back clean and on time.

If you want cheap affordable bikes both MTB and road Crown Cycles are the best.Star

Crown tends to stock entry to mid-level bikes but are quite capable of putting together a pedigree race machine too.

They've been around forever and deliver a good honest service.

Olympic is just down the road from them and offer something for the more brand conscious rider.

Haven't been to Bridge Cycles for a while but they were always known for offering good prices.

Thanks guys! We have some great specials on bikes and accessories going so give us a shout if you need, or even if you don't, anything.

Open Sat & most public holidays from 9am-2pm and weekdays from 9am-6pm.

Thanks guys! We have some great specials on bikes and accessories going so give us a shout if you need' date=' or even if you don't, anything.
Open Sat & most public holidays from 9am-2pm and weekdays from 9am-6pm.[/quote']

Tell us more ... I can't resist a good special.! Embarrassed