New Mountain Bike shoes...any suggestions?

L.T.G

I'm looking at getting new shoes, been to a couple shops and in general guys been quite helpful, but i'd still like to find out who's happy with what out there.

I have very broad feet, (guess i'd've made a brilliant barefoot waterskier) and have battled in the past with finding something that's comfortable.

I've set my budget at round R1500-R2000, but if need be i'll go higher if it's worth it, and obviously don't need to spend that much, so if it's something cheaper, great.

I can get you Shimano,Look,Time,Merida,Louis Garneau. When you know what models you like the look of PM me for a price...

I can get you Shimano' date='Look,Time,Merida,Louis Garneau. When you know what models you like the look of PM me for a price...[/quote']

and Sidi?

My feet are not what you'd consider dainty and petite and after trying on various mtb shoes, my feet slipped into Specialized BG shoes..... for my feet, the most comfortable pair of shoes I own.

I bought a second pair just to ensure I'm in shoes I like for a good while.

The mavic shoes are apparently salomon shoes with a mavic logo on them.

I bought the entry level shimano's for 900 bucks a while back and they are fantastic. Also easy to walk in for those portage sections.

I to have wide feet, and these have been fine.

my 2 cents

When I got my first MTB setup I looked for the cheapest shoes just to get started and ended up with stock standard Olympics. These shoes DOMINATE the market, at some races it seems that half of the people wear them, undoubtedly because of the cheap price tag. Yet after years of constant abuse and neglect they are still going strong. They are ugly, as common as a danville cortina, but man they never say die..  So if you want to get shoes, wear them out in 1.5 years and get newer blinger ones, do not get these..Smile