NCR: Discovery Health and ICD-10 Codes

markStockton

Have you never asked for a discount on anything ever in your life?

I have yes but if i dont get the discount i dont get all angry and start writing about it on thehub.

Please do not quote portions of my post and then get it wrong.

Your point (paraphrased) was everyone wants to pay less for everything. My point was you are correct and then I gave an example.

I have not asked Discovery for a discount. That is not what I am concerned about. I, and others here, are concerned with only one side of the deal being upheld (our side by paying FULL price for our cover).

It is obvious that you do work for Discovery - you also don't comprehend what is being said. If that insults you, then I am sorry.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with discovery it they are too busy giving "value added services" that they are not concentrating on medical care.

When I was with my old MA (Compcare) I never had issues with them and I never ran over my limits.

With my new company I'm forced to be with Discovery and within 3 months my savings was depleted!!!!! And I haven't used my MA any more than what I did when I was on Compcare.

Discovery is a bunch of f*cking sharks, thats all. Nothing more and nothing less.

I don't need discounts at supermarkets,or flight tickets, or gym memberships or any of that crap...I WANT MEDICAL COVER!!!!!!

U all want to get everything for nothing' date=' thats where the real problem lies! [/quote']

Discovery premiums hardly qualify as 'for nothing'

I'm not exactly on one of their core policies, I pay a load of money to them every month and it is time they understand the "customer / service provider model".

I have long wondered if it is not a conflict. Claiming to be "all about healthcare of the members" and answering to shareholders who want their pound of flesh as well.

Have you never asked for a discount on anything ever in your life?

I have yes but if i dont get the discount i dont get all angry and start writing about it on thehub.

You've missed the plot completely. Not surprising I might add. My bitch is that Discovery have clerks (who may or may not be incentivised) reviewing medical codes that doctors have put on their bills. They count on our ignorance on the matter. I've now posted the authoritative tool that will allow you to immediately determine who is at fault ie, the doctor or the clerk. In my case it was the latter, however I have had issues with the former. TJOP

Your point (paraphrased) was everyone wants to pay less for everything. My point was you are correct and then I gave an example.

I have not asked Discovery for a discount. That is not what I am concerned about. I' date=' and others here, are concerned with only one side of the deal being upheld (our side by paying FULL price for our cover).

It is obvious that you do work for Discovery - you also don't comprehend what is being said. If that insults you, then I am sorry.
[/quote']

I dont feel insluted by your misconceptions.

I would also like to inform you that I do not work for Discovery,

i quoted only the part of your post i was answering so i can save some space coz i know when im following a thread i dont wanna read the same thing over and over again.

if anybody is confused they can read it again slowly.

Enjoy your day i have to go out and sell some Medical Insurance now!

I have not asked Discovery for a discount. That is not what I am concerned about. I' date=' and others here, are concerned with only one side of the deal being upheld (our side by paying FULL price for our cover).

[/quote']

I dont feel insluted by your misconceptions.

I would also like to inform you that I do not work for Discovery,

i quoted only the part of your post i was answering so i can save some space coz i know when im following a thread i dont wanna read the same thing over and over again.

if anybody is confused they can read it again slowly.

Enjoy your day i have to go out and sell some Medical Insurance now!

Perhaps you should take your own advice? Just a thought.

Medical aids (an oxymoron?) are businesses in the main there to make a profit. That dictates they pay out less than they take in. They do rely on healthy members to subsidise the sick / decrepit, and that's what a lot of the fuss is about wrt the proposed NHI.

PS. and oh Ja' date=' medical aid brokers will get the boot! Sorry WW Smile[/quote']

Taps, you sound so sincere when you say that. Well done.smiley4.gif

PS. and oh Ja' date=' medical aid brokers will get the boot! Sorry WW Smile[/quote']

BWHAHAHAH, I dont sell Medical Aid it was a joke!!!!!

U all want to get everything for nothing' date=' thats where the real problem lies! [/quote']

Where the real problem lies is brushing you off with a feeble excuse for a product you are entitled to under your scheme rules!!.

The second real problem is backtracking later and providing the product but not an apology!.

Just because you may never have had an issue is not reason to assume nobody dos.

I had endless problems with discovery and a procedure that was required to be done. They did not want to pay for it for a million reasons. I eventually gave up and changed to Fedhealth. Problem sorted immediately

BWHAHAHAH, I dont sell Medical Aid it was a joke!!!!!

Yes, you are a joke. Finally something you said makes sense.

Well played and about time.
Gasping2009-09-10 23:58:55

I had endless problems with discovery and a procedure that was required to be done. They did not want to pay for it for a million reasons. I eventually gave up and changed to Fedhealth. Problem sorted immediately

Yah, as I also said in my original post. Coronary artery disease is a chronic condition, but I can only assume because the medicine is reasonably expensive  (R730.00 per 30 day treatment) they didnt want to pay. They told me "its not a chronic medicine on "THEIR" list.!!

My suggestion was they revise their list.

Obviously that was not well recieved, but when I screamed and shouted and threatened, they approved it with a limit. So why did I have to perform is my question, why did they not just take the matter up on the first occassion and approve it with the limit. I can only assume its because they didnt want to pay up, they hoped I would go away and they would have been R730.00 per month better off.

That, in my mind is criminal.

Fedhealth, when I enquired, approved the medication immediately under chronic with NO LIMIT - So end of the year I am putting him on Fedhealth, saves me going on Blood pressure tablets from shouting at Discovery.!Big%20smile

porky2009-09-11 00:04:16