Avid disc brakes- good or c@#$% ?

KABOUS

I bought my wife a Scott MTB with Deore LX gears and Avid discs. On a downhill she pulled the brakes and it locked up. I had to release some of the fluid to get her home - Mistake. It took quite a long time to reblead the brakes and even now the pads are still rubbing against the ring.

SO- Avid good or

Avid c@#$%  ?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

love mine, although lots of hassles with air in my Juicy Ultimates. Can't wait for my bleed kit to arrive.

I should add that I also have a set of juicy 5's which have been perfect since day one.

markStockton2009-09-23 01:32:51

love mine' date=' although lots of hassles with air in my Juicy Ultimates. Can't wait for my bleed kit to arrive.

I should add that I also have a set of juicy 5's which have been perfect since day one.

[/quote']

Are you buying an Avid Bleed kit or one from Brent ?

Just got me one from Brent !

love mine' date=' although lots of hassles with air in my Juicy Ultimates. Can't wait for my bleed kit to arrive.

[/quote']

Are you buying an Avid Bleed kit or one from Brent ?

Just got me one from Brent !

Yip, checking my post box almost every day now.

Got 7's on one of my bikes and 5's on another. Not a day of trouble, in fact the 7's I have had since 2006 and have never been bled or anything, just keep replacing the pads!

I have had my J 5's for a couple of months now, have used them on the easy roads and on the very technical and they have been awesome.

You will have to take a look at the alignment of the caliper to the disk. I have spacers on mine that allow me to tilt the caliper according to the profile of the rotor if necesary.

I'm not sure if these are standard spacers, regardless, the calipers are designed so you can move them side to side in order to avoid contact with the brake pads when you are not braking.