29 er tires

trevorhough40

Hi all

New convert to 29 ers and am impressed to say the least. Bought a gary fischer full suss light at 10.8 kgs. Only prob i have had is tires. It came with specialized controls and back tyre was stuffed in first month of riding thouh the tires did ride well and were light.

I am looking for tires to ride epic on, they must be light, durable with decent side walls. Anybody with experience with this your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

Trevor

I am looking for tires to ride epic on' date=' they must be light, durable with decent side walls. Anybody with experience with this your advice would be greatly appreciated. 

[/quote']

In my experience of tires these three things are mutually exclusive, best you?re going to get is two out of the three.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

My grandpa has an old Penny Farthing gathering dust in his back yard. You can take the front tyre, it's pretty light and it's made of wood so you never get punctures Thumbs%20Up

Manbearpig, you already got dirty looks from Andrew after comments about his Penny Farthing at the Northern Farm race..... these guys are gonna make potroast out of you...

Conti 29'ers are available, I have a set of the 2.4's.

As far as the 29'er Spesh tires go, I've been using them almost exclusively for about 2 years, in that time I've cut 1 sidewall and I do a fair amount of riding.

Does anybody have any experience with the Bontrager Jones XR tyres? They are 29" tubeless ready tyres and weigh 620g. I heard their sidewalls are soft but I also heard that of Continental Mountain kings.

Hi The Thug.

Where did you buy the Pythons and what do they cost?

Got them for Westdene Cycles and I think they were R 550 each.

We'll have WTB Wolverine 2.2 and Nanoraptor 2.1 available from November.

WTB were the first to produce a 29er MTB specific tyre when Uncle Gary was looking for a partner to work with on this crazy 29er idea. They have the largest range of 29er tyres in the industry. We will be focusing on the Wolverine and Nanoraptor treads for the SA market.

Currently running a non-tubeless WTB Exi Raptor as (ghetto) tubeless on my 29er ... no problems yet.

Had Bontrager Jones UST on my trail bike and had the biggest sidewall blowout I have ever seen or experienced on the rear wheel while "just riding along".... They also had crap grip. Stay away.

Replaced the UST Bonty with WTB Wolverines, non UST and running them tubeless...again, no problems to date. 

I'm keen to try those 2.2 29er Wolverines, MTB KID can you contact me or place a post when you have them available?  
XTC12009-10-07 02:15:18