bike fitting costs

Slowbee

GO for it Slowbee. We pay RRRRRR for shoes etc but we want to skimp on set up Dead Going to try the new bike shop in CT on monday hopefully.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there guys

Went to SSI last week for bike fitting. Really impressed with the service and knowledge of guys there. Well worth the money paid.

Also you are able to go back should you have ant probs with their setup process.

Astana' date=' did you take your own bike to them and they fitted it for you ?

How did it work?

[/quote']

Yep. Call them ask for appiontment and then they will tell you to bring your bike, shoes, bibs and get fitted.

First a bit of consultation and some checks and then bike fit. They also give you the info for future use etc.

If any problems arise - like foot problems etc you will be fitted accordingly and advised what to get etc

Really worth it

Slowbee - Iv'e been to Arran Brown a couple times and he is brilliant. He's not as scientific and does not use lazers or the computrainer' date=' but he does check your riding style and all the necessary angles etc. He also tries to work with what you have and does not tell you the bike is the wrong size and that you need to buy a new one. I think he charges about R450 per a fitting, but I may be wrong.

< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 12"><>

Physical Address:

179 Beyers Naude Drive
Silhouette House
Northcliff, Johannesburg

Telephone:

072 566 2925

Email:

arran@cyclefit.co.za

[/quote']

R350 Full Bike Set-up: Road, MTB, Triathlon and Time Trial bikes. I went to Hanko at Cycle fit, dit a very ggod job.

Astana - will be booking this afternoon.

Also I will take 2 kinds of saddles and 2 kinds of bibs, as I am sure it will make a difference.

Astana - will be booking this afternoon.

Also I will take 2 kinds of saddles and 2 kinds of bibs' date=' as I am sure it will make a difference.

[/quote']

Cool. I'm going there again on Monday. Sorting out the problem with my leg's - injury.

take both saddles as they will fit the best one for you.

Good luck - have fun!

I dont know if the Sports Institute is in Gauteng.

But I am really thinking of getting this done. The thing with this is' date=' they only give you a print out. You then need to translate this onto your bike.

They (sports science) dont do it on your bike in the same way cycle lab does. But I dont trust cycle lab as the last time I went some youngster did it and all he wanted to do was replace more and more parts and he could not answer one of my questions as to why he was doing what he was doing.
[/quote']

I would like to see somebody from Cycle Lab replying to this one.

There is no way they would respond.

Let us all be a little realistic here. Your LBS is in the business of making money. When you feel like you are getting screwed over (as in the case mentioned with Cylelab), then you stop the process, keep your money and go somewhere else.

When you feel like you are getting value for your money, it seems like a bargain. The laaitie who helped our Hubber was obviously not yet skilled enough in the art of "customer service".

I dont know if the Sports Institute is in Gauteng.

But I am really thinking of getting this done. The thing with this is' date=' they only give you a print out. You then need to translate this onto your bike.

They (sports science) dont do it on your bike in the same way cycle lab does. But I dont trust cycle lab as the last time I went some youngster did it and all he wanted to do was replace more and more parts and he could not answer one of my questions as to why he was doing what he was doing.

[/quote']

I would like to see somebody from Cycle Lab replying to this one.

jv, would be good to have a reply from cycle lab.

And not please come in for a fit and we'll do it for free (although that will help). Its more a case to what level are the guys trained that do the fit - what degrees do they have etc etc.

Slowbee2009-10-08 04:39:42

Cyclelab.....almost like the lance Armstrong thing - either you like them or you don't.

nice place to go and see bikes and parts on display - for me that is

Arran Brown from Cyclefit did a great job setting up my new bike. He talks you through the whole setup in a professional manner.

IMO most expensive is not always the best!!

I went for a bike fit at one of our LBS.After i went to all the others first and asked all the shops the same questions eg. what is needed,how they do it and after service.

Eventually i decided to give them a try.I know its a small family owned shop and worst case would be is i lose R200 and they loose a client for life.

It took them 3hrs to do my fit.First was a 45 min discusion of potential problems and how it can be fixed.They started with measuring my leg inseem and foot angels.(each one separate) Then my arm length ect.

Then they started the adjustments first on my cleats.Aparently i was padaling on my toes instead of the ball of my feet.Then my bike was fitted to a trainer and i started cycling.Then my saddel was adjusted.then my handel bars and STI,s.  Then they plaked little orange stickers on my shoes,knees and legs and hips and placed 2 redlaser lights on the flour to see that when i was padaling that everything was in line and perfect.

Every time something was adjusted they would double check that everything else was still 100% or would adjust it accordingly.

After all was done and i did +- 20km on the trainer they were happy.

Before my feet burned on the sides hecticly after 10 kays,solution=different degree wedges under my shoes according to each of my feet.

Before my hands went numb after say 30+ kays.Solution=my stem was 110mm and they said i needed a 60mm stem.

They gave me a 60mm stem to ride for a week with and give them feedback the next week.Next week came and everything was beter except i statred getting a little back pain,so they swichted 60mm for a 80mm.Another week later of riding i went back to tell them of the improvements and to return the stems they loaned me.

In short,Bike fit= R200,New stem=R170 and the wedges were part of the package.In total R370-00

And everytime i walk in their shop they would ask me if all is well and that if im still happy?

Hows that for service!!!!!

That?s awesome! Wish all shops could give that type of service instead of profit hunting!