maxiss or kenda

vinylguy

ok so i want to go buy some new tubless tyres this afternoon, which make and model should i get kenda or maxiss i have about R500 to spend a tyre or get i get good tyres for less???

A lot of people use Kenda tyres and havent had a problem, but this little disclaimer makes me nervous.

ATTENTION KENDA VALUED CUSTOMERS
KENDA DOES NOT ENDORSE THE USE OF ANY FLUID BASED SEALANT PRODUCTS IN KENDA TUBE TYPE OR TUBELESS TYPE TIRES. USE OF ANY FLUID BASED PRODUCT IN KENDA TIRES WILL BE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WILL VOID ANY WARRANTY CLAIMS.

THANK YOU!
Kenda Management

I had to make the same decision a couple of days ago. So I went for Nobby Nic front and Racing Ralph back.Schwynn2009-10-13 07:29:04

A lot of people use Kenda tyres and havent had a problem' date=' but this little disclaimer makes me nervous.

ATTENTION KENDA VALUED CUSTOMERS
KENDA DOES NOT ENDORSE THE USE OF ANY FLUID BASED SEALANT PRODUCTS IN KENDA TUBE TYPE OR TUBELESS TYPE TIRES. USE OF ANY FLUID BASED PRODUCT IN KENDA TIRES WILL BE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WILL VOID ANY WARRANTY CLAIMS.

THANK YOU!
Kenda Management
[/quote']

I have seen a number of tubless Kenda tyres start to delaminate due to the type of sealant used,  so I was told.  What sealant was used at the time I have no idea.  Beware!! 

I have been riding Kenda for almost as long as I've been riding. The last three years have all been tubeless using Stans and I have never had an issue with delamination or anything like that.

Why have a UST tire if you cant use sealant. I think they are just trying to cover their own ass just ion case somebody goes and use mielie meel and hand andy!

Kenda Small Block 8 TDC 1.95 has been the best tyre I've ever used. If there's one tyre I'll use for the rest of my life it's the Small Block 8 DTC 1.95.

It's 465g, almost real 2.0 size with great volume, (it's wider with more volume than my 2.1 Speed King) and from day one it's never deflated a bit!! Never leaked through the sidewalls. + it got me through my most important races as a rear tyre on some pretty rough terrain.

I've also used lots of maxxis in the past but going from the Small Block 8 back to Crossmarks for training it feels like I'm riding on a carpet...

ok well i did the ghetto tubeless last night, maxiss monorails seems to be working fine no leaks yet... :)