Cycling Training Seapoint, Cape Town (beginners)

alexn

Hi everybody,

I have just moved to Seapoint (Cape Town) for the next 6 months and have signed up for my first ever Cape Argus Tour. So I m thinking that training is in order to even be able to finish it or to even get over the first hill. Havn't cycled for a long time due to car door colision with my bike, so fitness levels are pretty bad (understatement) whilst having pilled on a few extra kilos.

Does anybody do morning rides before work during the week or weekend rides around Seapoint, where I could join in and be ridiculed for my distinct lack of fitness. Am a relative beginner of cycling and previous experience of cycling is cycling around London (UK), thereby havn't really experienced any hills/mountains, just rain and cold weatherfronts. Any help or advice would be appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance

Alex

cycle lab have a group that starts at Newport Cafe green point on a Sunday at 8.30am from there to Chapman's peak and back and now that its open we will go further. all different strengths.

We also ride from west lake cycle lab at about 6.30 am on at Saturday also many different strengths and from there we do a lot of the Argus route.

For during the week you either go it alone or you will meet some one on ur travels or at the club

cycle lab have a group that starts at Newport Cafe green point on a Sunday at 8.30am from there to Chapman's peak and back and now that its open we will go further. all different strengths.

We also ride from west lake cycle lab at about 6.30 am on at Saturday also many different strengths and from there we do a lot of the Argus route.

For during the week you either go it alone or you will meet some one on ur travels or at the club

Thanks Hot Stuff you are on the ballThumbs%20Up

I like my club and hope others will too. Alexn Skye is the lady to talk to. Send her a pm and she will give you all details

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, thought I'd revive this thread in the interests of helping my sister find a mid-week group ride in Cape Town. If anyone knows of any groups riding in the weekday mornings over the next week, that info would be much appreciated. She's looking for an intermediate road group.

Thanks and ayoba!