Asishove

DirtyFrank

I am not someone that habitually complains but this race turned into the worst events I have ever attended.

A couple of issues

1.     Route was poorly marked with a major wrong turn less than 2km from the start. This escalated into a farce of missed turns and u-turns as riders tried to figure out which way to go. I did an additional 8km in all of this confusion.

2.     Parts of the route were unrideable specifically a section of single track starting at `Glens Gulley` ( Not sure this name is right?) at the between 55 - 60km mark . this idiocy lasted for approx 5km and at times I had to convince myself that there wasn?t a hidden camera somewhere . Surely there should have been a `Route B ` in the event of the wet conditions on this trail. There is enough jeep track and reasonable single track around that would have bypassed the worst of the mud wrestling. I think the race has actually damaged parts of this trail considerably. This section of trail spoilt the entire race for me which despite all the other issues was still fun up to this point. I suspect that some of the locals with inside knowledge probably bypassed the worst of this route.( Providing they were foolish enough to attend in the first place)

3.     When I got to the finish line the organizers were almost finished packing up with quiet a few riders still to finish. This is not acceptable GIVEN THE CONDITIONS.

4.     My timing chip did not register at the start and I think the mats had already been removed by the time I finished .Time according to polar CS600 - 6:33 ? Distance 78KM. This also happened to my friend and a few others that have been logged in the results as `Not Started` This may be equipment failure under the conditions but is still annoying.

5.     I pity the few who traveled from far and decided to brave the weather only to be disappointed by this poorly planned event. I for one will not be back. I believe that many will agree with me.

6.     I believe this race is riding on the back of the brilliant Amashova which I thoroughly enjoyed and managed to ride in 3:37

7.     Congratulations to all the riders who completed the race with me despite all of the above. I don?t mind tough conditions but If we are not having fun then what`s the point.?

smiley7.gif 20091021_011048_17102009567.jpg20091021_011118_17102009569.jpg20091021_011144_17102009568.jpg

All of the above aside. Scraped the worst muck off and rode without any problems....Gears changed without much complaint....I was truly impressed by Messrs Shimano and Giant. smiley5.gif DirtyFrank2009-10-21 01:17:00

Hi I never rode it, but that is MTB.

ask anyone that did the 100miler in cape town earlier this year, or last year's Sabi in december or the year before.

During day 4 I think we carried our bike for almost half the race. and on day 3 the majority of the single tracks were totally unrideable.

Very heavy on the bike parts as well (2 days riding needed replacing of full drivetrain, BB and shock service and and and)

But that is MTB

I rode the 35km route, and thoroughly enjoyed it... but there, I am out to enjoy the ride, and not race.  It was tough, very slippery but FUN........

Thanks to the organisers for making my jorney to Durban well worth it, amongst the other 'events' on my holiday list.Thumbs%20Up

Hi I never rode it' date=' but that is MTB.

ask anyone that did the 100miler in cape town earlier this year, or last year's Sabi in december or the year before.

During day 4 I think we carried our bike for almost half the race. and on day 3 the majority of the single tracks were totally unrideable.

Very heavy on the bike parts as well (2 days riding needed replacing of full drivetrain, BB and shock service and and and)

But that is MTB

[/quote']

Clap