Customer service - pha what a joke.

thehermanator

Holy roller' date=' sent you a pm as I don't think the detail should be on an open forum.[/quote']

and i've respondedBig%20smile

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy roller' date=' sent you a pm as I don't think the detail should be on an open forum.[/quote']

Well you already made the claim that he cheated on an open forum. So you might just as well back it up.

Funny thing is these shops are still in business after +-75 years. Westdene (Old man Baboo)has been running his shop in the same area for 55 years just moved down one block from old site. I wonder how they manage to keep their doors open if they are crap as some state. Cajees has grown to 9 stores as well' date=' must be doing something right or we that support these store are real dumb which I doubt.

Service is what YOU perceive it to be .Why have you paid for work not authorised,did you dicuss this with Faried to highlight his bad staff attitude and neglect of instruction?

[/quote']

My opinion:

- Cajees and Westdene focus on sales (sell it cheap and people will buy).

I know a lot of people go to their LBS, take up 3 hours to select a bike

and then go to Cajees to get it R200 cheaper.

- as people become more experienced they then start moving away,

typically to get more professional service. My tipping point was when

the Cajees salesman kept on trying to sell me road shoes when I

wanted MTB ones. I have never been back.

- once people move to an LBS there are two groups:

- those who support the LBS, even at higher prices (I am on of them). I

am prepared to pay more, because I expect more in terms of knowledge

and service. I get p.o.'d when I don't get it and let the LBS know.

- those who do their "expert" servicing/shopping at the LBS and still

go for the specials at the LBS.

This is a generalisation of course, but is what I have observed. The LBS

and Cajees service two distinct markets: the LBS the more discerning

customer and Cajees the unwitting and those on the prowl for a

"special".

and i've respondedBig%20smile

gtr1, you should then not have mentioned it on an open form.

My tuppence:

Agreed. People are a little too quick to cast aspersions when they

are hiding behind a pseudonym. If you can't back it up under your

own name, don't say it...

It was my view as to why I don't support the LBS. Much the same as the reason i don't support the other lbs'.I stand by my statement, as the incident did happen, but I don't think I need to provide all the detail of when and how for everybody. And I don't know the why. HR knows the man, I've provided him with my views, and the detail of the incident. He is welcome to discuss it with him.

when will businesses in general learn that cutting corners, or ripping their customers off cost them more in the long run than that extra profit they just made???

If you look I have already deleted the comments....about all the shops.

So I stand by my comment of "Find the LBS that you can trust and feel comfortable doing business with"

If you look I have already deleted the comments....about all the shops.

I have kept my side as well

So I stand by my comment of "Find the LBS that you can trust and feel comfortable doing business with"

That is something I can agree with. It counts for LBS's/car dealerships/Wimpy outlets/etc.

Mmm interesting comments on one of the bike shops being punted here, but then i doubt if you will find one bike shop with 100% customer satisfaction.

I think the LBS you go to is a matter of personal choice and I suppose experience at the LBS. I personally like Linden cycle for their enthusiasm and have always felt like the guys there will listen and give advice on any bike related topic... <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Everyone has their own "best" LBS...

Mmm interesting comments on one of the bike shops being punted here' date=' but then i doubt if you will find one bike shop with 100% customer satisfaction. [/quote']

scotty, i remember us having that conversation a while back. i liked your attitude about not posting here because you wouldn't let one bad experience blot out the other decent experiences. you did, however, choose to vote with your wallet, and the shop concerned is now less one customer. 

scotty' date=' i remember us having that conversation a while back. i liked your attitude about not posting here because you wouldn't let one bad experience blot out the other decent experiences. you did, however, choose to vote with your wallet, and the shop concerned is now less one customer.[/quote']

and now the children of the owner has to go to public school and not private school.

scotty' date=' i remember us having that conversation a while back. i liked your attitude about not posting here because you wouldn't let one bad experience blot out the other decent experiences. you did, however, choose to vote with your wallet, and the shop concerned is now less one customer.[/quote']

and now the children of the owner has to go to public school and not private school.

the son-in-law shoulda gone to reformatory?but i digress?

[quote=holy roller

the son-in-law shoulda gone to reformatory?but i digress?

I still recall your post on the kid going missing, thankfully that had a happy ending.