2010 Ellsworth Epiphany

Ysterman

Well, it was time for an upgrade & decided on an Epiphany  Big%20smile

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I believe the complete bike from head to toe is 2010.  That includes the 2010 Fox Talas shock that is not out in SA yet 

But, as with all new things, sometimes there?s teething problems ?  Ermm

The wheels are the 2010 wheels and they need a small adaptor to fit the 9mm skewers on the 2010 Talas fork ? which didn?t come with the frame & build kit.  Good news is, the adapter should be in SA by tomorrow.  Then it?s final touches, setup & ready for Kievits Kroon corporate challenge by Sunday.

So for now, the bike is spending some quality time on the couch ? 

20091025_133155_1.JPG

20091025_133315_2.JPG

20091025_133403_3.JPG

20091025_133457_4.JPG20091025_133540_5.JPG

20091025_133633_11.JPG

20091025_133723_Collage.jpg

Ysterman,

You've made a fantastic purchase, out of interest, do you know what your build weighs?

By the way if you ever feel like a set of 2008 ellsworth xc carbon wheels, give me a shout I might be willing to sell mine

That couch is not worthy ! ;)

I know ... Ouch
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hopefully those parts make it through customs in no time & up to Jburg in a flash so that I can get those knobblies off the couch and dirty asap !

Ysterman' date='

You've made a fantastic purchase, out of interest, do you know what your build weighs?

By the way if you ever feel like a set of 2008 ellsworth xc carbon wheels, give me a shout I might be willing to sell mine
[/quote']

According to www.wrenchscience.com it should be just over 12kg (26.57lbs), but not sure what wheelset they use in their estimate.  Will probably have to take the bike to Mikes Bikes to get the adapters fitted for the skewer - will then weight the bike. 

Also converted to tubeless - but the rest are all standard Ellsworth XT build kit.

Hahaha ... my budget is no more ... but just out of curiosity, do you have a link so that I can have a look at those carbon wheels ...

Ysterman' date='

[/quote']

According to www.wrenchscience.com it should be just over 12kg (26.57lbs), but not sure what wheelset they use in their estimate.  Will probably have to take the bike to Mikes Bikes to get the adapters fitted for the skewer - will then weight the bike. 

Also converted to tubeless - but the rest are all standard Ellsworth XT build kit.

Hahaha ... my budget is no more ... but just out of curiosity, do you have a link so that I can have a look at those carbon wheels ...

PM me your email address, and I'll send you a photo, by the way who did you buy from, I really like those lock-on grips

Don't get me wrong, but the Ellesworth's all look the same... I geuss don't fix something if it ain't broke...But they are very nice bikes.

I know who you are "Ysterman" ;) How did it ride on Sunday and did you get the mud off by now ?

I know who you are "Ysterman" ;) How did it ride on Sunday and did you get the mud off by now ?

Narra, daai ysterperd het moer lekker gery - en ja, hy is silwerskoon & weer terug op die bank

Maar meer belangrik, noudat jy jou 1ste modder "geproe" het, wanneer kry jy vir jou 'n ordentlike fiets?

Ek het my order in gesit maar die bikes kom eers einde Nov. So as alles reg loop kry ek n' nice kersfees present van myself :) My vrou weet nog nie en ek moet nog geld bymekaar skraap. Het maar besluit ook om full sus te gaan.

Ysterman.

Awesome bike mate!

Sorry about the delays on the parts. Have resolved the issue for all future orders.

Will make sure it doesn't happen again. Please let me know how it rides.

Have you picked out a name for the bike yet?