Drugs in sport

gtr1

as an aside - do they do drug testing in F1?

GO2' date=' not doing ther 94.7 this year. Travelling to JHB is just to expensive.

[/quote']

Just use the bicycle.

Save on Petrol,     Cytomax is cheaper than petrol.

Save on Toll fees,  Bicycles do not pay.

Save on parking,   Do not pay for parking.

Save on Hotel costs,  Police station for the night.

Save on training,  I think 1450km is enough miles for the 94.7. 

Guest colonel

They been testing cyclists in SA plenty.

I thought Dopestrong was a good cyclist cause of his fast cadence, getting cancer and losing weight? It cant be from drugs can it?????Shocked

Who on the Pro Tour is NOT a doped cyclist? They would not be able to even compete let alone feature.

Yep every golfer on the PGA "pro" tour is a doper LOL all of them from tiger to ernie

Wink

Guest colonel
Who on the Pro Tour is NOT a doped cyclist? They would not be able to even compete let alone feature.

Yep every golfer on the PGA "pro" tour is a doper LOL all of them from tiger to ernie

Wink

Golf has first positive drugs test

Reuters - Mon, 02 Nov 22:21:00 2009

< =buzz-up method=post =http://uk.buzz.yahoo.com/vote/>

>American journeyman Doug Barron achieved unwanted fame when he became the first golfer to receive a ban for taking a performance-enhancing drug.

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20091103/25/b32421d7a0f11b2c5020f5fd83a47b8f.jpg

In a statement the PGA Tour said Barron, 40, had been suspended for a year for violating its anti-doping policy. It did not name the drug.

"I would like to apologise for any negative perception of the Tour or its players resulting from my suspension," Barron was quoted as saying by the Tour.

"I want my fellow Tour members and the fans to know that I did not intend to gain an unfair competitive advantage or enhance my performance while on Tour."

Barron, who turned professional in 1992, has played eight full seasons on the PGA Tour, most recently in 2006. His best finish was a tie for third at the 2005 Bryon Nelson Championship.

Since then, he has competed mainly on the satellite Nationwide Tour where he has twice finished second but is yet to win a title.

In the PGA Tour's media guide, Barron lists his biggest thrill in golf as being paired with former world number one Fred Couples and fellow American Craig Stadler for the final round of his first event on the 1997 PGA Tour.

The PGA Tour launched its anti-doping programme in July last year and said, in the event of a positive doping test, it would disclose details only after the entire appeals and challenges process was completed.

The variety of sanctions could include disqualification, a one-year suspension for a first violation, up to five years for a second violation and a lifetime ban for multiple violations, plus fines up to $500,000 (305,000 pounds).

The National Centre for Drug Free Sport administers testing on the PGA Tour virtually every week of the season with all samples analysed by WADA-accredited laboratories.

World Anti-Doping Agency officials were not available for comment late on Monday.

Wink

Golf has first positive drugs test

Reuters - Mon' date=' 02 Nov 22:21:00 2009

< =buzz-up method=post =http://uk.buzz.yahoo.com/vote/>

American journeyman Doug Barron achieved unwanted fame when he became the first golfer to receive a ban for taking a performance-enhancing drug.

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20091103/25/b32421d7a0f11b2c5020f5fd83a47b8f.jpg

In a statement the PGA Tour said Barron, 40, had been suspended for a year for violating its anti-doping policy. It did not name the drug.

"I would like to apologise for any negative perception of the Tour or its players resulting from my suspension," Barron was quoted as saying by the Tour.

"I want my fellow Tour members and the fans to know that I did not intend to gain an unfair competitive advantage or enhance my performance while on Tour."

Barron, who turned professional in 1992, has played eight full seasons on the PGA Tour, most recently in 2006. His best finish was a tie for third at the 2005 Bryon Nelson Championship.

Since then, he has competed mainly on the satellite Nationwide Tour where he has twice finished second but is yet to win a title.

In the PGA Tour's media guide, Barron lists his biggest thrill in golf as being paired with former world number one Fred Couples and fellow American Craig Stadler for the final round of his first event on the 1997 PGA Tour.

The PGA Tour launched its anti-doping programme in July last year and said, in the event of a positive doping test, it would disclose details only after the entire appeals and challenges process was completed.

The variety of sanctions could include disqualification, a one-year suspension for a first violation, up to five years for a second violation and a lifetime ban for multiple violations, plus fines up to $500,000 (305,000 pounds).

The National Centre for Drug Free Sport administers testing on the PGA Tour virtually every week of the season with all samples analysed by WADA-accredited laboratories.

World Anti-Doping Agency officials were not available for comment late on Monday.

[/quote']

LOLyeah saw that as well... Wonder what he used? What can possibly improve your golf ? Steroids ?Confused

maybe he just used cocaine like boonen and it was picked up in his blood.

LOLyeah saw that as well... Wonder what he used? What can possibly improve your golf ? Steroids ?Confused

maybe he just used cocaine like boonen and it was picked up in his blood.

Drugs to slow the heart beat down, like archers use.

There is a bit of a problem in the chess world as the two favourite beverages of all chess players can result in a positive test, ie alcohol and caffiene.  No self respecting chess player will refuse either between rounds, and neither are actually good for your game.  go figure.

I reckon most olympics athletes have taken some juice at some point in their lives... (not all... just most)...

Its crazy the lengths that people will go to, to get maximum benefits... So then why not seperate the events... (as suggested in previous post)

1. Have the normal olympics... for those who are just genetically and technically perfect!

2. and the SUPER olympics... for those who feel they like man boobs and organ failure?

It would be interesting to see how times etc differ... ? and where majority of athletes end up?

you can argue an ethical point, but the guys are doing it regardless... so maybe let them?

Those chess guys are hectic... I hear they inject steroids straight into their brains... and fingers...

Tongue