Squeaking sound help?

Kansas

My bike has got this irritating squeaking sound which seems to come from the front of my bike I?ve narrowed it down to where I think it is I know sound travels on the carbon. It seems to come from where the fork and frame meets. Can it be the bearings inside that need some grease or what?

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please help.

Take the stem cap off, remove allen bolt and pour some in.... Close it up and off you go. When the squeaking stops, take the cap and bolt off and turn the bike up side down and the mouse will fall out...

No, wait, there's probably a great big opening at the bottom of the steerer at the crown, that wont work then. Nevermind...

This is a road bike?.no opening.

You not much help right nowLOL

My bike has got this irritating squeaking sound which seems to come from the front of my bike I?ve narrowed it down to where I think it is I know sound travels on the carbon. It seems to come from where the fork and frame meets. Can it be the bearings inside that need some grease or what?

Please help.

Could come from a number of things.  How did you isolate the sound? Icould be anything from the BB up, the headset is poked or bearings are poked or just dry, stem bolts are too loose, not greased etc..etc.  Try removing stem, fork, headset.  Regrease stem bolts and depending on what headset you have grease the bearings.  Make sure you put the fork and headset back securely, refasten all stem bolts to the recommended torque.  If the noise doesn't go away then it could be something else.

Thanks TNT1 and linnega

This looks like a problem for my LBS.

Please help.

Could come from a number of things.  How did you isolate the sound? Icould be anything from the BB up' date=' the headset is poked or bearings are poked or just dry, stem bolts are too loose, not greased etc..etc.  Try removing stem, fork, headset.  Regrease stem bolts and depending on what headset you have grease the bearings.  Make sure you put the fork and headset back securely, refasten all stem bolts to the recommended torque.  If the noise doesn't go away then it could be something else.[/quote']

Well it is a new stem..LBS fitted it and they always do a very good job. Will just take it in for them to have a look at.

It gets worse when I get out off the saddle. Found the noise when I was off the bike and turned the fork sideways.

Please help.

Could come from a number of things.  How did you isolate the sound? Icould be anything from the BB up' date=' the headset is poked or bearings are poked or just dry, stem bolts are too loose, not greased etc..etc.  Try removing stem, fork, headset.  Regrease stem bolts and depending on what headset you have grease the bearings.  Make sure you put the fork and headset back securely, refasten all stem bolts to the recommended torque.  If the noise doesn't go away then it could be something else.[/quote']

Well it is a new stem..LBS fitted it and they always do a very good job. Will just take it in for them to have a look at.

It gets worse when I get out off the saddle. Found the noise when I was off the bike and turned the fork sideways.

Simple...just turn the volume on your Ipod up a notch or two...Wink

the squeek will be gone...

could be one of many problems.If it is a squeek it is probably bearings,if it is a creak then also check the cable stops on the frame for grit and lube them with light grease.

Kansas' date=' you should know better than to ask a serious question on a Friday.

Enjoy the Gifs.
[/quote']

LOLya,was a bit dumb of me to expect a reasonable answer on Fryday.

Thanks for the gifs, they are awesome.Wink