Keep Nutrition "cold" on long rides

Geelwortel

Hi All

I'm new to taking long rides, 3.5hours +, and are starting to use nutrition, ride shots and GUs and other things, while I ride. I have found the amount of nutrition and the intervals to take it that works for me. This was the "easy" part BUT I must say that I can't stand a coffee warm GU after +- 2.5 hours Dead. I currently keep it in the shirt pocket on my lower back. Do anybody have a tip to keep the GUs or other foods relatively close to room temp or just a temp that I can stomach?

Thanks GW

I usually think the same with Gels - however I used the Wasp Vanilla 'somehing or other' in the flask on the 94.7 and found it strangly 'nice' warm - it seemed to have a 'toffee' sort of taste.

But the fruit flavoured ones that I've tried before - at a 'warm' temperature Dead

Hi All

I'm new to taking long rides' date=' 3.5hours +, and are starting to use nutrition, ride shots and GUs and other things, while I ride. I have found the amount of nutrition and the intervals to take it that works for me. This was the "easy" part BUT I must say that I can't stand a coffee warm GU after +- 2.5 hours Dead. I currently keep it in the shirt pocket on my lower back. Do anybody have a tip to keep the GUs or other foods relatively close to room temp or just a temp that I can stomach?

Thanks GW
[/quote']

I have the same (sort of) problem with energy drink, after it gets warm it changes from pink to yellow and then tastes realy bad, is there a way to keep my drinks cool?

Camelbak make an insulated bottle,not sure how well it works,but considering its a camelbak product it must be good.Anyone used this?

put both bottles into fridge night before, take to race in cooler bag, throw ice into your bottle that you will drink from second and if you want to try just put the gu's/gels into the back of your leg of your pants with the top sticking out to pull it out as there sometimes or most times is shade there, it will only be as hot as your leg is

tankman your signature is making me seasick

& its going to get me into some trouble at work soon!

I've heard that a guy put his bar and gels in his water bottle the night before and freez it to almost slush puppy, hacve not tried it myself yet.

Camelbak make an insulated bottle,not sure how well it works,but considering its a camelbak product it must be good.Anyone used this?

Now have not used it, al I now, a 750ml bottle wil cost you about R200. (MAD)

Was given an insulated waterbottle from Due south as prezzie...they dont work. Freeze your bottles over night. Take them out when you leave for the race (dont forget!). When you take your 1st sip in the race it's super cooled juice. Should last an hour to hour & a half, depending how late/early you start. Also used to ride with gel icepak in my camebak, but i don't like any weight on the shoulders and stopped doing that.