Thandi Trails closing..thanks trespassers

mad4mtb

Sad But true.... thought this only happens in Johannesburg. One person on this forum wrote that " even if we pay it is still a privilage" land owners also want to be proud of their investment and when superb trails are built on their land it makes them want to help where they can... but if there is NO INCOME due to trespassers then there is no option but to look at closing the facility down. Volunteers... well these are only words, no one ever turns up to actually assist, but the right thing to do is pay volunteers with free access.... just my 5c.

Edited by Wendell

Sad But true.... thought this only happens in Johannesburg. One person on this forum wrote that " even if we pay it is still a privilage" land owners also want to be proud of their investment and when superb trails are built on their land it makes them want to help where they can... but if there is NO INCOME due to trespassers then there is no option but to look at closing the facility down. Volunteers... well these are only words, no one ever turns up to actually assist, but the right thing to do is pay volunteers with free access.... just my 5c.

Luckily for us this thread was started in November 2009 and the trails have just recently re-opened. But your comments remain valid - if we want farmers and communities to open their gates and give us MTB'ers access to their land, we also need to play our part and pay for that privledge. The issues surrounding the Green Corridor between Contermans and Meerendal being another prime example (of how not to do it). I guess it's a case of once bitten, twice shy.

Thank you Thandi. Please have a change of heart Green Corridor.

Wendell,

off topic, whats with the new road works at the top of the beginning straight? Does not look good.

G