View from the other side

DawieO

... he drives a landy. I mean how far will he get down the trail befeore he needs a tow out from a real 4X4...

The only threat to MTB'ers when it comes to Land Rovers is riding into the back of a broken down onesmiley36.gif

Clap Clap Clap

Clap

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... he drives a landy. I mean how far will he get down the trail befeore he needs a tow out from a real 4X4...

The only threat to MTB'ers when it comes to Land Rovers is riding into the back of a broken down onesmiley36.gif

Or going down on the oil they drop. And it's called a Defender because that what you end up doing when your friends can't believe you bought one of those instead of a decent bike.

Maybe he should get a Jeep. That way he will cheer up.  I have a Jeep and a mtb and I am a happy person. 

Hey all, thought I best come and clarify my rather "flowery" blog post before it gathers momentum for all the wrong reasons.

My article was a) a rant and b) my genuine concern that should something happen to one of your cyclists pals, that both the injured party and I would never get over the event. I would perhaps never forgive myself for not seeing a cyclist should something ever happen, and i'm rather sure that the imaginary cyclist in my sarcastic blog would never forgive me either.

Understandably it's a touchy subject for all of you as you all put yourselves at risk whilst enjoying a hobby which at the very most should simply rely on your own clumsiness to produce an injury but I had to get my thoughts off my chest.

It'd be great if one of you wrote a counter piece with a set of equally sarcastic instructions for motorists to obey, as I know I'd have a good laugh reading your rant.

Cheers for now..

Last comment, I'm in more grave danger than you are - I drive an MG. It's bound to break, bound to leave me in tears, encourages I bend the rules of the road to enjoy the top-down driving experience....

Actually it sounds just like a mountain bike ;)

VINCENTH, I think I like you.

Not only did you speak a lot of truths  (although I felt like I needed to defend my buddies) , but you certainly have a sense of humour.

I hereby invite you to join the ranks of mountainbikers who are the most awesome group of people. (I like roadies too ;-) Try it - I bet you'll love the experience. It will take you to places your MG unfortunately can't,  and is much easier to fix.Smile

Maybe then you can write the blog on behalf of mtb??  Come on - do it - you know you want to.Wink

Rather ironically, my fiance and I are getting mtn bikes.

Thanks for taking the post with a pinch of salt, it was a mix of a temporary grievance and a genuine concern for both parties' safety.

90% of land rovers are still on the road. the other 10% made it home.

Maybe he should get a Jeep. That way he will cheer up.  I have a Jeep and a mtb and I am a happy person. 

Are you the lucky one who won the Jeep & Mtb at some race(can not remember wich one)

ClapClapClap

90% of land rovers are still on the road. the other 10% made it home.

StarStarStarStarStar

Hey all' date=' thought I best come and clarify my rather "flowery" blog post before it gathers momentum for all the wrong reasons.

My article was a) a rant and b) my genuine concern that should something happen to one of your cyclists pals, that both the injured party and I would never get over the event. I would perhaps never forgive myself for not seeing a cyclist should something ever happen, and i'm rather sure that the imaginary cyclist in my sarcastic blog would never forgive me either.

Understandably it's a touchy subject for all of you as you all put yourselves at risk whilst enjoying a hobby which at the very most should simply rely on your own clumsiness to produce an injury but I had to get my thoughts off my chest.

It'd be great if one of you wrote a counter piece with a set of equally sarcastic instructions for motorists to obey, as I know I'd have a good laugh reading your rant.

Cheers for now..
[/quote']

Actually found your artical a flipn good read.  Good sense of humor, and reading between the lines, you can sense that it was more poking fun at us, rather than threatening with cattle prods.  Will work on that counter rant...

did not read it yet...to LAZY after all it's friday do not want to sterch something now.

Its only 11am, you roadies have no stamina...

Its only 11am' date=' you roadies have no stamina...
[/quote']

I'm lazy  by choice

Ag Kansas, arent we all.
IdeJongh2009-11-27 03:30:54