Kiwi

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys, <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Here's a bit of an update on the 29er full suspension frames; More details coming soon!

We are pretty much good to go with the full suspension 29ers. Lenz Sport has a big range of full suspension XC, AM, 4X and DH frames in 29er AND 26er.

Take a look at the website http://www.lenzsport.com to get an idea of what is on offer, the website is very out of date and Devin has started sending us up to date pics which will be on their new website when it goes live - see below:

We are going to offer a discounted price on pre paid orders (50% deposit) as the more frames we order at a time the cheaper price Lenz can offer.

Let me know what you are interested in. There are a large number of options available.

Options:

Custom Polished Fully Anodized - Lunch Box, Behemoth

Custom Colour Powder Coating - all frames

Custom Colour Anodize

Beef Cake Bone (Heavy Guy Brace) Lunch Box, Behemoth

Custom Heavy Wall Down Tube - recommended for riders over 106kgs or if you want to add extra stiffness to your frame

Custom Geomerty

Manitou S-Type SPV Shock Upgrade

DT Swiss Shock Upgrade

DH Chain Guide System

6" travel 29er forks for the Lunchbox

Standard Colours:

For the Milk Money SS 29er and Leviathan; anodized silver, green, blue, or dark gray. (see pics below for a guide)

For the other frames: black anodized rears and powder coated fronts - white, green, black, silver are the main colors but we can do other colors too.

Pricing:

Pre-paid orders for the Leviathan 29x4.0 -29?er XC / All Mountain 4.0? will be R18,500 for frame and Fox RP23 shock (other shock options above) Complete Bikes will be available as well.

For all other frames drop me a PM.

Delivery Time Frame:

We are anticipating a maximum of three months from order to delivery. If we stick to the standard options and colours we may be able to have delivery sooner as Lenz keep a small stock of the standard builds in stock.

About Lenz Sport:

Devin Lenz has been making suspension bikes in <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Fort Lupton, Colorado since 1996. Really making them. In house. With his own tooling, dies, CNC and welding equipment. Tubing and aluminum bar stock come in one end, frames come out the other. Only heat treating, anodizing and powder coating are done off site. The result is what you would expect from this level of commitment, a finely crafted American-made bicycle frame, something that's hard to find these days.

Lenz Sport was one of the first companies to offer full suspension to the 29-inch market, and worked with endurance racer Mike Curiak to come up with the initial geometry. Lenz now offers 29ers with three, four, five, six and even seven inches of travel.

Although the bikes are built on the plains north of Denver, they are tested high on the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains.

Leviathan 29er 4" Travel

<?: prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" />

20100106_091111_Green-Lev-4.0-R.jpg 

Lunchbox 29er 6" Travel - we can supply 6" travel forks

20100106_091215_Lunchbox-R-Glam.jpg 

Milk Money SS 29er 3"

20100106_091246_MM-Green-R.jpg 

PBJ DH 29er 7" - In production from March, we can supply 7" travel forks

20100106_091443_PBJ-Glam-R-web.jpg 

Kiwi2010-01-21 04:47:17

My word those bikes are SCHWEEEET!

Wish I had the tom to splurge on the Lunch Box... Hitting Tokai, Jonkers & Majik on that thing would leave me with a SERIOUS grin on my mug.

• 2 weeks later...

Drool .... the Milk Money SS looks lean and mean.  Can't see frame details here - does it have a horizontal slop dropout?  Does it have the BB-concentric pivot as in the pic you posted on 30 Jul 2007?

Drool .... the Milk Money SS looks lean and mean.  Can't see frame details here - does it have a horizontal slop dropout?  Does it have the BB-concentric pivot as in the pic you posted on 30 Jul 2007?

Hi Mtbvillage,

The swing arm lower pivots around the BB to prevent chain growth as the suspension moves:

20100117_053528_Milk-Money-BBYo.jpg

20100117_053623_MM-BB.jpg

The rear dropouts are vertical with sliders which also contain the disc mount (replaceable) so it moves with the wheel -nice!

20100117_053731_MM-Dropout1.jpg

20100117_053818_MMDropout2.jpg

20100117_054005_MM-3.jpg 

Lenz say they also make a dropout for rear deraileurs so that you can run the Milk Money geared.

If any singlespeed purists read this post, let me apologize in advance for my sacrilege ...

Do you think I will be able to run a Rohloff hub with Gates carbon belt drive on the Milk Money?  It seems to have all the right ingredients:

- concentric BB/swingarm pivot to prevent chain growth

- bolted pivot link where the rear triangle can be 'broken' to slip in the belt

- adjustable dropout to tension the belt

- sliding mount to allow use of disc brakes

Such a rig would probably be the first in the world - I have never seen such a combo with dual sus, discs, internal hub and belt drive.

Now I know the Rohloff is for middle-aged wankers with too much money, but do you think it can work?

If any singlespeed purists read this post' date=' let me apologize in advance for my sacrilege ...
Do you think I will be able to run a Rohloff hub with Gates carbon belt drive on the Milk Money?  It seems to have all the right ingredients:
- concentric BB/swingarm pivot to prevent chain growth
- bolted pivot link where the rear triangle can be 'broken' to slip in the belt
- adjustable dropout to tension the belt
- sliding mount to allow use of disc brakes
Such a rig would probably be the first in the world - I have never seen such a combo with dual sus, discs, internal hub and belt drive.
Now I know the Rohloff is for middle-aged wankers with too much money, but do you think it can work?
[/quote']

Here's a belt drive thread, check out the belt drive Milk Money with Lefty fork!

20100120_040759_Milk-Money-belt.jpg

Kiwi2010-01-20 04:22:43

Thanks Kiwi, very interesting thread on the MM/Gates/Rohloff combo.  Seems they've got the Gates belt drive pretty sorted, but the Rohloff hub some way off.  I'll be waiting to see what happens.

If they succeed, would you be able to source/build one?

Thanks Kiwi' date=' very interesting thread on the MM/Gates/Rohloff combo.  Seems they've got the Gates belt drive pretty sorted, but the Rohloff hub some way off.  I'll be waiting to see what happens.
If they succeed, would you be able to source/build one?
[/quote']

Hi Mtbvillage,

We are taking orders for Lenz Bikes now - each is custom made, so if anything needs to be done for a Rohloff we can probably ask them to build it.

Introductory Prices:

Leviathan 29er 4" XC with RP23 shock R18,599.00

Milk Money 29er SS 3" with RP23 shock R19,699.00

Lunchbox 29x6.0" 150mm Thru Axel with RP23 shock R19,699.00

(We can supply 6" 29er forks as well)

Manitou S-Type SPV Shock upgrade R280.10

DT Swiss Shock Upgrade R606.88

Custom Color Anodize Up Charge R1400.49
Custom Color Powdercoat Up Charge Min. R933.66
Custom Heavy Wall Down Tube for Leviathan (106kg + Guy) R700.25

Custom Geometry Up Charge Min. R1400.49

DH Chain Guide System R1260.44

We will have webpages up for Lenz Sport and some other cool new thing as soon as we can. Keep an eye out for our newsletter!

Kiwi2010-01-21 09:40:37

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

We are taking orders for Leviathan 29er 4" XC with RP23 shock R18,599.00 50% deposit.

Rest due when the frames are completed in 4 weeks time. Delivery approx 4 weeks after that.

Colours available in this run: Blue, Silver and Black

20100106_091215_Lunchbox-R-Glam.jpg

Kiwi2010-02-04 04:02:52