Squeeking, creaking and clicking on a carbon frame

NotSoBigBen

So not even a week after building my new spastic plastic FS bike it develops a creak/ squeek/ clicking noise that's drives me to distraction.

Seems to be something to do with the headset or in that area, when I turn the bars left or right it sounds likes it's being tortured .......

So I know it isn't the headset as it is brand new and the adjustment has been checked ad nauseam!

BUT HALLELUJAH last night I found the offender Big%20smile. Went round the 24 hour course this morning just to make sure and it is sorted!

BTW - for the other 24 hour persons the course is absolutely awesome at the moment, only a bit of water near the finish! Those paths are packed so hard I doubt anything will grow there again before the end of the world comes!

Well spotted techguy! Yip it was just there where the cables go into the attachments on the frame near the front.

What is the best 'lube' to put there? I just put a spot of chain wax, will that be OK?

Had the same problem after fitting new alligator cables on my spez. In my case the two gear cables where rattling onto one another and sending the noise through the frame- weird but that's how it works. Nearly thought it was my seat post that was going to break.LOL