1700km unicycle trip to CT for a good cause

Dibles

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just donated some bucks to them' date=' if we all do the same it might get them to the end

[/quote']

Thanks so much zeepee. Star Clap

I'm sure the guys appreciate your donation.

A group of us Unicyclists in Cape Town donated some money towards Geoff's new 29'er which he has been using on the steeper hills. The remaining cost was sponsored by OddWheel Unicycles.

Well done guys. Clap He sounds much more comfortable on the 29'er.

They are also running a competition to raise funds. Well worth the R25 ticket cost.

"So they came up with this cracking idea? they have organised an online raffle in which you can buy a ticket to be in line to win one of these stunning prizes?

* Three nights at a wonderful villa in Camps Bay, Cape Town, courtesy of Cape Realty
* Two nights at the Constantia Boutique Hotel, courtesy of The Last Word
* A weekend away at Friday island Resort
* A chef for the night, courtesy of Capsicum Cooking
* Golf lessons, courtesy of Cape Town Golf Academy
* R800 voucher for an authentic Tretchikoff print, courtesy of VladimirTretchikoff.com
* R500 Spa voucher, courtesy of Health Spa Guru
* A signed Ajax Cape Town football shirt, courtesy of Ajax Cape Town
* A half-day tour around the Cape Peninsula, courtesy of Executive Touring
* A prize courtesy of Wildcard (TBC)

*** Ticket prices are R25 each

All you need to do to enter is mosey on over to this hastily-made but effective website page to buy a ticket!

Nice. You each give R25 to help us finish our mad unicycle adventure and you could win ? I am sure you will agree ? a really, really cool prize. I like this. A competition in which there are no losers. Because even, if by some cruel twist of fate ? and that is highly unlikely to happen to YOU  ? you don?t land up swanning around a Camps Bay villa for a couple of days, you?ll have WON the satisfaction of knowing you helped us to help people who don?t have the same number of limbs that you and I have. Phenomenalness, isn?t it? Yes, it is."

• 2 weeks later...

They are almost in Cape Town! Clap

Just read this on Twitter:

"HEART & SOLE ROLL INTO CT, be there, WHERE ? CLOCK TOWER V&A WATERFRONT, CAPE TOWN, 26 FEB - THIS FRIDAY - AIMING FOR 2PM - WILL WE SEE YA ?"
Dibles2010-02-24 02:52:30

I bought a few raffle tickets to support these guys and I've just found out that I won a weekend away in Langebaan. Big%20smileCoolBig%20smile