Tibialis Anterior Tendonitis

doogie

Hey,

Interested to find out if anyone else experienced this before. Been riding for years and training for Ironman recently developed severe pain in localised area of ant tib tendon, had 2 full weeks off ice, anti-inflams etc tried putting on my road shoes (specialized carbon pro with buckle over top-section) yesterday which felt like were burning in to the tendon? Anyone had experience with this injury? anyone had trouble with above shoes? anytips on other shoes to go for? Thanks Doogie

Hi,

a friend of mine moved to those specific shoes because the prior ones gave him the same problem you are having.

I imagine it is a matter of how each leg adapts to the effects of the shoes.

I am precisely right now looking to buy some Specialized Pro MTB based on his recommendation.

Hope by now you are doing better.

Cheers

doogie, both sides or just one? If both, have you recently changed pedals or shoes, or cleat position or saddle position or perhaps increased your mileage dramatically over what you're used to?

Hey,

Thanks for the responses, had a big increase in mileage over the last 4 months leading to DC and then continuing onwards to Ironman. Have rested now for 3 weeks but still feel as if there is a little scar tissue there. Going to start slowly on bike again and have ordered pair of specialized tri-vent shoes to try with less strain from buckle. Any other ideas?

Hey, pain only one side on right foot. No change in bike setup, have bought TT-bike which had professionally set up but no change in shoes or anything like that. Rode TT bike for some months before pain started and was also of sudden onset. Ran for 1 hour today for first time, no pain but felt like it was pulling over tendon at times. Any input be appreciated at this point!

Okay thanks. Narrows it down somewhat. Both = good news (usually quite quick to rectify); one = bad news (a specific injury that requires the usual treatment). Keep doing what you've been doing and be patient! Sounds like it's mending, but don't try and test it/rush it... Trust me, I've had virtually every running injury Tim Noakes and Co. ever devised names for.