jhb to pretoria road route?

Guttersnipe

I have a tiresome lunch obligation in pretoria tomorrow and am hoping to redeem it by riding there.

I am fairly new to Gauteng and can see myself getting it very wrong.

Can anyone suggest a relatively low death-index route from the Rosebank area to Lynwood?

Can anyone suggest a relatively low death-index route from the Rosebank area to Lynwood?

no.

on the best road is the suicide high way (old joburg road)

on a mtb be very wary of routes through centurion especially Smuts house area.

I would suggest passing through the Midrand suburbs west of the N1 and pass Samrand and from Rooihuiskraal shoot over to the east of Pretoria. I do not have street names but has cycled those areas quite a lot.  You could event take the R55 to Pretoria as well.  In general not too bad except for the stretch between Kyalami and the Olifantsfontein road where there is no shoulder.

Bateleur1's Midrand suggestion sounds best, if perhaps not fastest, although I am less likely to get lost on the old joburg road. Only question is which is more scary, lunch with my wife's relatives, or intercity commuting in Gauteng. I'm hoping if I arrive tired and smelly, possibly injured, they'll all ignore me...